VISA Card currency issue

I’m a tax resident in Germany, so my Revolut account / Visa Card default currency is EUR.
Time to time I receive refunds related to my Revolut Visa card payment (in EUR). Since december, the refund company sends the refund in GBP, saying that my Visa Card default currency is GBP. Due to this GBP currency exchange rate, the refund company deduct a lot of amount from the origianal one. The refund company asks me to prove that I have EUR VISA card account and they state that the problem is with my VISA card, their system is correct.
I did not make any changes on my account, I’m still Germany tax resident.
My question is how can I prove that I have a default EUR currency for my Visa Card?
What is the reason that a third party service provider (refund company) recognise my Revolut Visa card with a wrong currency?

1 Like

You may have to contact support, but could you clarify who the “Refund Company” is? Is that a retailer or payment processor?
I accept card payments for my own business, generally any refunds (partial or full) have to be made in the currency of the original transaction. The card currency doesn’t really come into this. I charge all my clients in my local currency, regardless of where they’re from. I work with two different payment processors. When I select a transaction and want to issue a refund, I don’t even get the option to change the currency. Their story sounds a bit fishy, but as I said, support may be better placed to help.

2 Likes

The refund company name is Global Blue. It is a well known company.
My all card payments were processed in Germany in EUR, so logically the refund amount should be in EUR. I hope Revolut can offer some support to solve this situation.

2 Likes

Hello @Pipacs4444 :wave: ,

Welcome to our Community. I understand your concern completely. To further address this issue, we will need to thoroughly examine your account. Please contact us through the in-app chat so that we can investigate the matter more closely. :pray:

SG | Community Team

1 Like