virtual card & a physical card differences?

Yes when I use Netflix I pay with my virtual VISA card. For other streaming services I usually use my disposable MasterCards. These also start with 5273.

Virtual VISA works there for me too. Not sure why it didn’t work for you. Basically I can use it for everything.

I know this is a big ask, but I would be very interested to know if your virtual MasterCard works with Netflix.

One thing in particular that makes me think this is a choice that Netflix are making is that the Revolut app shows absolutely no authorisation attempt or activity when I attempt to use the virtual card. Revolut seem to display all activity for a card, for example they show authorisation attempts for non-activated or disabled cards, or transactions refused due to security settings. To see nothing at all suggests to me it’s not making it as far as the issuer.

As of right now, I am not using Netflix at all. I can test it with my disposable MasterCard when I subscribe to Netflix again.

I pay my Netflix subscription through Revolut virtual card. Have never faced any problem so far.

1 Like

The most interesting difference: My physical card is issued in UK, so I cant pay service checking my country based on my card. But the virtual card matches my country.

Hi everyone!

I’ve been using virtual card for 2 months now for online payments. One month ago I have received physical card with different number than virtual card. Can you please tell me if they are both linked to one account or should I top up them separately, cause I don’t see that option avaliable for my physical card.

All your Revolut cards are linked to your Revolut account
and your Revolut account can have multiple currency accounts.

Also, you don’t top up your cards but your currency accounts.

1 Like

He Everyone,

How can I set the currency for the virtual card? (I can only set the limit, but not the currency)

physical card can use to swipe when you pay or withdraw cash while
the virtual card use only for online shop payment for your money safety… hope this answer will enlighten you😊

You can’t.

twentytwenty

Can someone please answer this? I have both a Revolut virtual card and physical card for my account. I want to use my Revolut account with Apple Pay. Now i am aware that in most countries after a certain amount a PIN entry is required (for extra security). My question is what happens when i am using a virtual card (which does not have a PIN)? Thanks.

The secure element in your phone is an alternative to a PIN and you will never be asked to enter a PIN with any card in Google Pay or Apple Pay. You will be asked to unlock your phone for large purchases instead. In the singular event that a terminal does prompt, I believe you can enter any four digits.

1 Like