Verify debit card

For now I’m unable to verify my debit card because the reference “Revolut1234” gets truncated on my statement to “Revolut*12”.

Moreover, I noticed that the app is unable to recognise my card if I try to take a picture of it…

My card is a Maestro card.

Since my account is already verified with a passport photo, I’m not sure if I still need to verify the card. Can someone from Revolut team clarify on this?

I had exactly the same problem.

I asked the question to Revolut and they answered that it is not necessary to verify the Maestro card :wink:

Hi guys,

You still need to verify your cards at some point, even if you’re using Maestro cards.
If you cannot see the 4 digits code on the statement, try to call your bank, they should be able to see it.

“Verifying your top up card lets us know that the debit card used to add money to your Revolut account is your own. We advice all of customers to do this on the app to help ensure your Revolut experience is as frictionless as possible.”

Best,

Andreas K.

Help/Advice General Discussion

I just called my bank and what they can see is
REVOLUT*12 REVOLUT 28-11-2016 (I have replaced the two digits I can see with 12).

So basically they cannot help me to see more…

@AndreasK Is there anything you can do to help me here?

Similar problem here, cannot verify my maestro card. The topup is registered as “bancontact payment” and the only reference I receive is "EUR Revolut " + datetime stamp.
The app is also unable to recognise my card when I scan it.

Hello @ldw,

Is it a virtual card?

No, it’s not. It’s a maestro debit card with IBAN nbr, similar like these https://images.futurezone.at/PayPass-Maestro-V-online-1.jpg/462x260/24.489.458

Ok great are you able to send me direct message?

No, I don’t think so…

How do I send direct messages?

I topped up money to my card. With my debitcard.
The amount is on the card But When I open the app now hè asks for card verifying.
Can’t scan my debit card.
I am leaving to USA in a few houres and need the card to work!!
Hope For A quick answer.
Miguel

I topped up money to my card. With my debitcard.

The amount is on the card But When I open the app now hè asks for card verifying.

Can’t scan my debit card.

I am leaving to USA in a few houres and need the card to work!!

Hope For A quick answer.

Miguel
[/quote]

Hi @Mickey83,

As I can see your account was temporary locked for security reasons. Happy to see that an agent has helped you out.