Verification to increase limit not happening

Hi there,

I was trying to top my card up on Tuesday to buy some dollars while the rate was good and the app said my limit for the year was £4000 (which I was not aware of and according to other topics here is much smaller than most other users’) without verifying my income. I uploaded several documents 48 hours ago and it said verification would take 24 hours.

After 24 hours I requested an update in the in app chat and it said this would take 96 hours. Effectively a five day delay on making my top up.

To get around this I upgraded to Premium to get 24/7 live support as advertised, but when I went back into chat the 96 hour message was still there. I haven’t had any in app reply in 24 hours, not even from the automated bot.

I’m frustrated that not only will I likely lose a good £/$ rate and have to pay more for my holiday but that a] I appear to have a uniquely low limit for no reason to the extent that three weeks of holiday spending money in a year is too much and b] I have now paid for a Premium service that does not work as advertised.

My experience with Revolut up until now has been excellent and I have recommended the service to most of my friends and family who travel frequently. This seems a bizarre anomaly for Revolut and I would be grateful to get an accelerated resolution so as not to push me into trying a competing product as I will be travelling a few times this year and don’t want to risk losing access to positive exchange rates given the pound’s fluctuation at present.

Thanks in advance for your help.

Please consider contact them via DM on Twitter.
Here @AndreasK is the Boss and I believe he will help. :wink:

Hi there. Thank you for your patience. I’ve escalated this issue to the relevant team which is better suited to help you with your request. Please note a member of the team will contact you via in-app chat shortly.

Thanks for your help Andreas. Still no sign of anyone contacting me though. Cheers.

Hi there. Apologies for the long wait. I can see that our support has helped you increased your limits. Please don’t hesitate to contact us if you have any further questions.

Have a great day.

Regards,

Andreas K