Verification - Account/KYC

@anon33247966

Hi Andreas,

I got a question - I just opened my Revolut account today and topped up by GBP 10 using my debit card. I have also ordered a physical card. But till now I haven’t received any intimation from Revolut (either through mail/text/app notification) regarding verifying my identity.

Also when I tried to verify my identity by following - More → Profile → Verification & limits, I can only see “Topped up so far GBP 10.00” and no other option.

My question is when can I verify my identity as I don’t see the option activated as of now? I’ll be travelling to US in next week and don’t want my account to be frozen because of non-verification as I’m planning to use my Revolut account in US.

Hence, if you can guide me how to verify I will do it ASAP so that I can use my account smoothly in US.

Thanks in advance

Hi there.

Thank you for contacting us.

As I can see your account is fully active :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello Andreask, i have same problem. I can’t send a snapshot of my identity card, can you help me?

hey andreas

i have currently reached the top of the waiting list here in australia and its still not letting me use the app due to high demands of cards or something , is their away to activate the account and not get a physical card but instead just use the digital one .

if you could help it would be really appreciated it

kind regards jas

Australia release is on hold at the moment.

An ASIC spokesman confirmed to Banking Day that the regulator agreed to extend the licensing relief for another six months on a condition that no new customers were given access to Revolut’s app-based money transfer and payments platform.

https://www.bankingday.com/nl06_news_selected.php?selkey=25587

Hello,

I have some issues with my Revolut card: i ordered a revolut card which I did not receive in due time, but it was possible to use the app to make payments. When i received it, it was already blocked/expired, so I requested another one. I received the new card, my account is verified (when I go to personal details, I only can change the address, but I cannot do any verification). However, it is not possible to activate the card, to use the atm or to send payment because each time it asks me to Verify identity, but I don’t have the option.

It seems my account is locked somehow.

What could possibly be the issue? Please help.

Thanks!

Hey Andres it seems to be taking so long to verify my account. Please can you help?

@anon33247966 can you please help me?

Hi I tried verification several times and it fails every time. I sent picture of my residence card, can someone please tell me what else you need?

Hi
I am waiting for verification on proving source of funds.

How long will this take please?

Kind regards
R Turner

1 Like

Hello @Rctrovolut :wave:,

Thank you for contacting us. :blush:

Unfortunately, we can’t say for sure how long such a check might take, but you can be rest assured that they are doing their best to finish the reviews as soon as possible. :pray:

SG | Community Team

Hello,
I’m stuck in the verification process somehow. I start the app, enter my phone #, enter my pin and then the app tells me it’s “checking my details” and after reaching 100% about 20+ times it gives me the “ we are sorry, something has gone wrong. Pleas try again later” error. Well if been trying for 2 weeks now. I emailed the support, got a generic msg with tips, none of which worked, since I cannot start the app. I followed up twice, no response. I only was able to submit my selfie and cannot progress any further. I tried from two different phones.
Any ideas?

1 Like

Hi @eltomasino . I suggest you create a ticket for your issue. The question we’re discussing here has nothing to do with the problem you’re facing.

Thank you and good luck solving the issue!

1 Like

Welcome to our community @eltomasino :wave:. Sorry to hear about your problem. :frowning_face:

I would request you to kindly contact us through social media so that we can help you individually. :ninja:

Thanks for the help @samu. :hugs:

SG | Community Team

A post was merged into an existing topic: How to start a new topic

A post was split to a new topic: Card Delivery Status

I am an EU citizen who is a resident of another EU country. When applying for credit card it failed to perform a credit check because of missing residence ID.

Tried to update my KYC via support, after 3 different agents I got retriggered KYC process, but at no point it allowed me to provide my residence permit. Instead the questionnaire went like:

1. Are you a citizen of ResidentCountry? No (since I am a permanent resident)
  2. Provide a
  • Driving license of ResidentCountry.
  • Passport of CitizenCountry. (Only one I can since I am a citizen)
  • ID of CitizenCountry
  1. Are you a tax resident of CitizenCountry? No (why would I be?)

The 2-3 live agents I got shuffled around after that, just said my account is all good verified with CitizenCountry passport, completely oblivious to original issue. After that I just gave up.

1 Like

Welcome to our community @Ludo444 :wave:.

I am sorry for the experience you had with us. Please accept my apologies for this. :cry:

Kindly check this FAQ link for your problem. Hope this helps. :pray:

SG | Community Team

My residence is and was correctly set, Revolut is just not able to perform a credit check for whatever reason. App stated it’s because missing residence permit attached to my account, but that was not possible to provide at any point of renewed KYC check I got triggered from support.

On reddit seen some comment with same issue, so it seems it’s not properly implemented to handle residents instead of citizens for credit check during loan/credit card application.

1 Like