Variable symbol

Hello

I ask for information if you can enter a variable symbol to identify me payment when transferring money

my gears are not sufficiently identified and I suffer from damages

2 Likes

Variabilní symbol je československý relikt minulosti, používaný jen vnitrostátně v systému CERTIS. U plateb z a do Revolut místo VS použijte referenci. (Text i číslice. )

The variable symbol is the Czechoslovak relict of the past, used only internally in the CERTIS system. For payments from and to Revolut instead of VS, use the reference. (Text and digits.)

2 Likes

yes, thank you for your reply, I will try. Our institution payments are due to the very variable symbol. It’s a stupid system :frowning:

Yes, it’s used only in Czech Republic and Slovakia. In case you need to make payment from the Revolut using those symbols, you can actually just use the Reference field. Really, what’s done is that the fields Variable Symbol, Specific Symbol and Constant Symbol are prefixed with their abbrevation and a forward slash - / and put into the Reference field.

For example: /VS1234567890/SS1234567890/KS1234. You can also omit some as you can in some Czech or Slovak Internet Banking: /VS1234567890/SS/KS1234.

You can read more information about this here (in Slovak language): https://www.tatrabanka.sk/att/5307302/vzor_vyplnenia_referencie_platitela.pdf

3 Likes

I would say that this is needed here in Slovakia/Czech republic. People don’t know how it works in background, they just see no option to enter Symbols and they skip using revolut. Also there should be option to set scheduled recurring payments with incremental symbols, because for Insurrance, we need to enter YYYYMM in Symbol according to month we are paying for. Now it is impossible to setup scheduled payment and need to do it manually every month twice for health and social insurrance. other companies maybe need this too for correct payment pairing in systems.

1 Like

Enter variable symbols (e.g. 123) as: /VS/132

Entering of Variable, Constant and Specific Codes for Payments from Abroad to the Czech Republic

1 Like