Using revolut in singapore

Hi everyone!

Here is my situation. I created my revolut account in France last year. I now moved to Singapore and would like to use my revolut card and account there too.

I thus added my singapore bank account details into the revolut app, but everytime I am trying to top up my revolut singapore account, I am not being offered to top up in the SGD currency. Why ?

I’d like some help to understand how to transfer singapore dollars from my singapore bank account into my singapore revolut account, as I can’t select this currency in the app…

ThAnk you
Jade

In case of SGD you only can top-up your account by wired transfer. To do this you have to provide all revolut’s account details on your bank’s side.

Topup by card is allowed in case of
GBP, EUR, USD, PLN, DKK, SEK, NOK, RON, and CHF only.

https://www.revolut.com/pl/help/getting-started/topping-up/by-card/what-cards-and-currencies-are-supported?lang=en

2 Likes

Thank you redi very helpful !

So just to confirm, I can top up by transfering money from my singapore bank account to my revolut account ? Or do I have to do a transfer to revolut that will then credit my revolut account ?

Thank you !!

Yes, topping up via wired transfer is just sending money to revolut account via SWIFT
Remember:

1. To type referrence number
  2. To check costs in your Singaporean bank (pricelist)
    Then… wait until your revolut account will be credited :wink::crossed_fingers:

Thank you redi.

In the end it seems to be a costly operation… you have to pay bank fees to transfer the money, but also if I m sending Singapore dollars in a UK account - I guess I’ll pay the currency change fees too ?

And will I pay again currency fees when revolut will credit my singapore account then ? ( pounds to Singapore dolls …)

Thank you again

Transfer fee will be applied (not revolut fee)
And then there is no fee when money achieved your revolut account- at least when you’re spending money (withdrawal cash is free until 200 EUR or equivalent monthly, then costs 2%)
There is no exchange fee.

You have to remember that exchange ratio during weekends is worse than this during work week, but you can omit it exchanging money earlier.

Hi! I live in Singapore and I am in the queue to get a Revolut card since more than 8 months now. I am wondering when can I finally get my account open? Thank you!

If you moved to Singapore, I would suggest getting a new account in Singapore which i did when I moved from UK

I know this thread is over 2 years old now, but as an FYI to anyone else considering Revolut in Singapore, the Singapore financial regulator introduced new rules for e-wallets (which Revolut is) under the Payment Services Act, which was Revolut implemented earlier this month. These are:

• Your Revolut account (including your Vaults) cannot exceed S$5,000 (or foreign currency equivalent) at the end of each day.
  • You can transact no more than S$30,000 (or foreign currency equivalent) on a 12-month rolling basis.

Essentially, if you are planning to use Revolut to save more than S$5,000, or spend more than S$2,500 each month, then using Revolut is not the solution for you.
I know this isn’t Revolut’s fault, but it’s damn annoying.

1 Like

Just realised that this is really bad for Metal Plan. It costs 199SGD for the year. and if the limit is 30,000SGD spent, 1% of that is only 300SGD - making the Metal plan’s best offering way less attractive.

Is Revolut planning a work-around for this issue?

They have now introduced Rewards which gives you more than the 1% cashback when purchasing with certain companies (e.g. Amazon is currently anything up to 9.6%, Lazada is 4%), so there is a way to make more, but obviously only if you spend with those companies.

Singapore govt rule is that Revolut account cannot have more than 5000 SGD by end of each day. I tried to link my SG bank account, but it does not work. So, if I do a FAST domestic transfer from my DBS to Revolut account as mentioned the beneficiary, what will happen if my balance is more than 5000 SGD? Shall it send back to my account from which it was transferred?