Using Revolut in Croatia

If you are withdrawing money on ATM from ZABA Bank (Zagrebacka Banka), they (not Revolut) will charge you 28 Kuna (KN) per transaction. Just to know :slight_smile:

1 Like

PBZ (Privredna banka Zagreb) they are charging 33 Kuna (KN), FYI. Have a nice vacation and stay safe :smiley:

2 Likes

Free of charge. Verified now.

How come that Auro Domus (PBZ) ATMs in Croatia charge a surcharge of 35,- kn to selected MasterCard Revolut cards? Both me and my brother have tried to withdraw cash with a MC Revolut, he was not charged and I got the information that a 35,- kn fee will be applied. We compared our account setup and both seemed identical, only my card was released one year earlier than his.

My main account is in PLN, so I converted the PLN to HRK, to secure the desired amount for withdrawal (800,- kn) and the ATM told me that there are insufficient funds on my card. It seems like the ATM was only checking my account in PLN which indeed didn’t had enough funds, but there was enough funds on the HRK account to withdraw.

230134448_4087329418030030_1915017997208441903_n

ATM operators use card BINs to determine things like country of issuance. When the BIN database they’re using is outdated or faulty, you can see inconsistencies like this. You can compare the first 6 to 8 digits of the cards in question. Are they different? That would be a hint that the issue is BIN related.

Hi,

That’s correct, my card BIN is 539123 while my brother’s is 527346. The first number shows on some BIN checkers as US, while others show it’s UK. The second BIN seems to be recognized as UK, so I guess that’s the reason.

If this indeed is the case, shouldn’t the ultimate ATM list here also additionally to the card issuer also have the BIN with which the ATM was checked? As it shows in my case, even ATM that shouldn’t have any fee, have it because I was unlucky with the BIN assigned to my card.

I have revolut visa, and on ZABA ATM’s I was never charged any fee…
…only when exceed the limit of withdrawn per month…

Just withdrew 200 HRK on Addiko ATM in Croatia free of charge. Mastercard.

I usually use Erste ATM’s for withdrawals which is also the main bank I use for anything else. No fees at all

Good info This i didnt know before this.

Eerste 28 kuna to withdraw cash with revolut visa.
Zagreb banka 35 kuna, euronet 29 kuna.

Dubrovnik Airport,26.06.2022, revolut (new) visa & (old) mastercard card

OTP banka: free of charge!!! God bless him!

PBZ, Zagrebacka banka, Raiffeisen and Erste: 22-37 HRK fee wrrr…

Zagrebacka ATMs used to be free in 2020, sad :frowning:

Does anybody update revolut free atm ulimate list???

When I got my card a month or so ago, I tried several ATMs, and I am positive that Zagrebacka banka, Erste, OTP and HPB were free. Only Reiffeisen and I think PBZ required some fee of the order of 30 HRK.

HPB free for me in Zagreb. All others 30 kuna + fee. Revolut visa

HPB (Pošta bank) seems to be free elsewhere, too. (Mine was in Senj.)

I’ve been told that someone tried Erste and paid a lot but I am not sure they were properly avoiding automatic conversion (it is bad enough if someone has an ATM with a misleading menu system), but nevetheless I rather went over to HPB and it worked well (and was not offering any tricky conversions).

I just hold the money from this bank PBZ free of charge. I am using Revolut Maestro. Maybe that makes the difference. OPT and Zagrebacka wanted about 35 kuna. I didn’t want to pay them :face_with_peeking_eye:

Managed to withdraw 200 and 100 kn from HPB and PBZ in PoreÄŤ, without fees. I have a standard (free) Mastercard, bought kn during the week so no need for any conversion.
Erste wanted 28 kn, OTP 35 kn… get outta here :rofl: Haven’t even tried Euronet because they are notorious for ripping you off.

Doesn’t the EU have a law that prohibits ATMs to charge fees for European banks? Can someone please verify this?

No, the EU does not have such a law. ATM operators are legally obliged to show you the fees before confirming the withdrawal, though.

In Crikvenica I tried all ATMs with my slightly new Visa card to withdraw 1200kn. Unfortunately I couldnt find any withouht fees :frowning:
Fees offered
Erste 28kn
Auro domus 39.9kn
Hpb 30kn
Pbz 35kn
Euronet 35kn
Zagrabecka (unicredit) 35kn
Otp 35kn

1 Like