Using Revolut for salary

Hi,
Its been a while i looked into Revolut and now the banks in Sweden are being really crazy and pretty much stop all transactions abroad and as i buy Bitcoin time to time i need another “bank” for my salary.
So basically i’m wondering if i can use the IBAN account number to get my salary to my account?
Next, i wonder if Revolut still is ok with me transfering my money to other exchanges like Kraken or Binance. I really like to own my crypto for real on a ledger.

1 Like

Hello there,

I know it’s a bit of a late answer but, yes, I use :r: for salary deposits too and works great!

You can find a list of accepted crypto merchants here.

TL;DR Binance and Kraken are on the list.

As for crypto merchants, we currently support the following list: Xapo, crypto.com, MoonPay, Bitstamp, Kraken, Coinbase, Gemini, Bitpanda, Coinfloor, Binance, and we are reviewing this list on a regular basis.

Thank you.
Sadly the company only accepts Swedish bank account :frowning:
So i have to do the transfer manually to my Revolut.
Thanks for the list!

Hi, I would definitively avoid this.
Long story short - using revolut since 2016 for my daily stuff, shopping, subs for different website, tidal, netflix, prime etc …
Never got an issue, even got great support when traveling - they solved a case were I didn’t get my cash from ATM but get charged. So far all good.
I do some international transfer from time to time with reduced fees, again all good.

Since this week, I got my account frozen for security check for 3 days - You don’t really get information on why except they have some internal control because they are a financial institute… I’m 45 yo and never got a bank frozing my funds for 3 days. No documents were requested … this happened after I did a payment transfer to another country to a well established company. I don’t do Crypto or market ops.

I was happy to get another bank account and only a part of my funds in hostage. No way I make my revolut my primary account, and I will begin to migrate back my subs to my other bank account.

1 Like

2 posts were split to a new topic: Loans: Poland

Sorry to hear. This exact thing happened to me even in Sweden with a local bank.
I think it was due to sending money to Kraken and mentioned i wanted to buy Bitcoin…That started a whole chain of hurt!

They made my life a living hell with KYC documents , asking me to go to local office explaining + answering personal questions and a bunch of crap. I did everything and once they could not find anything they closed my account anyway since they claimed i fail KYC! I ask what did they miss or how i could help but nothing. Also my money from abroad was taken hostage for weeks before they finally gave it to me so that i could close the account and move to another bank.

These days banks have to much power and its very very hard to get justice. I tried legal ways but in Sweden its close to impossible to get anywhere.

At the very least Revolut is crypto friendly. If i mention crypto to any local banks the same happens again. So i would say what you and me experienced is not uncommon. Really sad but thats where we are. That is why i love Bitcoin and encourage people to free themselves from the system.

@SMCE21 Hello and welcome to the :r: community. We are happy to have you here. :hugs:

The laws and bankruptcy regulations vary from country to country, and this depends on the country of the user. As a result I am sorry to inform you that Revolut will not be able to assist you with this. :frowning_face:

For more details, you can click here & here :rocket:

Veda | Community Team

Not disclosing any bank account under such an order would be a very big mistake. Don’t for one moment believe that any account activity will be undiscoverable.
It’s a criminal offence and may be punishable by doing some porrige at His Majesty’s pleasure…
Simply put - don’t even consider it! It won’t solve his problems but just add to them (unless he likes porridge, communal toilets and showers, of course).
Whatever floats his boat…

1 Like

6 posts were split to a new topic: Salary verification duration

Hi @S.Vik That’s really great news :+1: Welcome on board.