Using My Travel Insurance

I was trying to use the ‘additional costs incurred’ clause. As my airline cancelled the flight with a days notice and had an extra expense to rebook with a new airline. But they confirmed this morning that any costs as a result of a cancelled flight aren’t covered.

My claim is finally accepted :blush: I just had to call them a few times, and yesterday I got an email saying all expenses will be covered, and the amount will be on my account in a few days

3 Likes

Where do I find information on the travel insurance that Revolut offers. There is so little information on it. I just signed to Revolut and my physical card is on the way. The app is not so user friendly to newbies like me, I am struggling with it. Looking for travelling insurance but can’t find any decent details on it. Where is the info ? All it says on the app it costs from just £1 a day for the days you are away. CAn i get it on my standard account or do I have to upgrade. How much is the insurance? How long can one travel ? Is their a annual policy or just single trip policy. How many days can you get cover for? I am going away next week for at 2 months, will this cover on Revolut work for that? Can anyone help? I don’t know how to contact anyone from Revolut ?

Try there, or you can always contact the product support guys via the app

That doesn’t really help with what I need to know and there is no way that I can see to contact product support guys. Could not see that on the app either.

You can contact support from the help section, top link on your profile page. You can also use the search feature in the app whenever you’re looking for a feature.

Did you explore the FAQs? Informations about travel length, availability, links to the T&Cs are available there. You can access the FAQs on Revolut‘s website, or from within the app, via help. There’s an article wit the title “What is the maximum trip duration covered by Revolut travel insurance”, for example.

You will have access to the insurance policy documents before buying, at least Revolut says so in their T&Cs:

When you buy insurance through the Revolut app, we will:

• introduce you to our insurance partner for the relevant insurance product;
  • provide you with the ‘Insurance Product Information Document’ (which sets out details of your insurance product) and other useful information before you buy your insurance product. We will provide this information to you in the app and you are able to download it if you would like to keep a copy for your records;

As far as I know, the pay per day insurance isn’t available anymore. Support should be able to tell you otherwise if I am wrong about this.

1 Like

I was trying to find out how often I could travel with the insurance? I know if I have a Metal account the duration is 90 days but can I simply return to the UK (residence) for a week and then set off on another trip and be covered?

You have a right. The insurance travel from Revolut is useless.

I could tell you about my situation.
So two days ago I had a flight from Los Angeles (USA) to Wrocław (Poland) through Warszawa (Poland).
I flew out from Los Angeles on 26/06/2022 at 22:00, and I arrived to Warsaw on 27/06/2022 at 18:50. And after that, I had another flight to Wrocław at 19:55.
I was in Wrocław at 20:52 and I waited for my luggage. I had information from the customs Service that my luggage is gone.
So I was in the “lost luggage office” and I filed the protocol at 21:08.
Right now I have an information that my luggage was found and has been prepared for delivery to me but still I don’t have my luggage.
I tried to contact with Allianz about the refund for my delayed luggage and I have an information that is not cover then you are outbound journey only. If you come back from your trip and you are in your home country the insurance for delayed luggage not working.
Nice joke.

It does make sense to me

When you’re returning home, you’re not facing the difficulties of someone without luggage at a foreign place. You can wait until the airline delivers your delayed luggage or compensates you for your loss. This insurance isn’t meant for this case. It’s not relieving airlines from standing in for their mishaps. It’s meant to cover additional costs for lost luggage while on the road.

(Apologies if I misunderstood your situation. I haven’t read the insurance policy. But Allianz’s response seams reasonable to me.)

2 Likes

I agree with Frank, I actually have two travel insurance with Allianz, one provided by my place of work, and Revolut’s none of both cover luggage while returning home. Which I do believe makes sense based on Frank’s statement. If in the end your luggage does get lost, the airline needs to compensate you based on EU rules

1 Like

Sorry to write here but still cannot open a new topic
Have you used the insurance recently?
By mistake I selected the “premium” option and now I was thinking if is worth have it or not.
Have you used for your longue as well?

I recently filed a claim at Allianz (policy via Revolut) for trip cancellation for medical reasons. They responded in one month asking to submit a comprehensive list of evidences. Now waiting for another month for another feedback, I guess…

1 Like

Is anyone had any successful case using the Revolut Travel insurance ? Sounds like it’s a PITA with lot of frustration and 0 results.

I used it. We had issues with Tui during the summer, massive delays. Changing planes and not getting the seats we paid for. Revolut simply ignored us. Only sent one message out to us since July, and they wont respond? Get proper insurance, because these arent worth a toss…

You mean you contacted Allianz?

1 Like

I dont know what that is?

Allianz is the insurance company providing most of the insurances bundled with Revolut subscriptions.

2 Likes

Did you have the metal plan to get smart delays, free lounge?

Travel insurance from Allianz, dont cover, seat change
europaeiske from Ergo Group

ERGO (ERGO Group) is a group of insurance companies owned by Munich Re. ERGO is one of the largest insurance groups in Europe. It operates in over 30 countries, especially in Europe and Asia. In Europe, ERGO claims to be number 1 in the health and legal expenses insurance segments, and in its home market of Germany it is among the market leaders. It has over 40,000 full-time employees.

Wont cover seat change

What travel insurance company cover, i paid for my seat and the airline change my seat?

Tryg?
Tryg A/S is a Scandinavian insurance company present in Denmark, Norway, Sweden and Finland.

Nope

Correct

You need to contact the travel insurance company to get assistant
Revolut can’t help you with insurance claim

I find that odd. Because all the relevant details were in the app. Ie if you have a problem, there was a section to contact them. Revolut responded once asking for more details in regards to what happened. Never heard anything since