using debit card in Dubai

Hi,

If i have AED currency in my Dubai account and go for a holiday to Dubai, when i use my Debit card, will it automatically deduct from my AED bank account without fees? Or will it convert whatever is in my GBP account to AED at the point of transaction?

The same would go for EUROS, if i go to Spain or France, does the debit card know which bank account / currency to deduct?

Regards,

Ben

As long as you have enough Dirhams, it will use AED.
If the amount is higher than the Dirham balance, it will use the next one.

@Iskender OK that’s great, so at point of sale, the card will detect which currency account is required as providing that the funds are there, it will take from that account.

I just got the card today so its time to go to the shop and test it out :smiley: VERY EXCITED!

Hi there.

The card selects which balance to use in the following order:

*The local currency of the merchant/ATM e.g. if you are in Spain, it will deduct funds from your Euro balance.

*Your base currency - i.e. if you used a UK address to sign-up, your base currency will be GBP.

*Your largest balance.

You need to have sufficient funds in one single balance in order to make a transaction. If you don’t have enough funds in the balance of the local currency, it will default to your base currency and so on.

Enjoy Revolut!

1 Like

This is a great response @jessicaszabla. Much appreciated.

1 Like