Using ATM in Spain

Hi there, I am trying to withdraw money from my Revolut at a bank ATM in Spain. However, it never gives me the option to change the currency (as I have £’s and Euros) on my card. How do I withdraw in Euros if no bank will give me the option?
Regards
Jen

Hi,

Your message doesn’t make sense.
You ask “how to withdraw in Euros”. All ATMs in Spain offer the possibility to withdraw in Euros.
Most banks, including LaCaixa and BBVA also allow you to get charged in GBP. If you choose this option, you will still withdraw Euros, but your Revolut card will be charged in GBP. It will include a 1% to 4.5% markup on top of the transaction.
Don’t do this! Always choose to be charged in Euros.

Let me know if that answers your question.

Hey there @Jenn9780 :slight_smile:

The ATM will give you euros no matter what you choose. You’re just choosing what currency you will be charged in. The balance will be withdrawn from the transaction balance (euros in your case). If there’s not enough balance there, it will try to use your “main” balance (euros if you’re from Spain) and if not, it will use the biggest balance :wink:

You will never be asked “from which balance do you want to withdraw”. So, always choose the local currency (euros in Spain, GBP in the UK, PLN in Poland…) when asked. Else, the bank will apply a bad conversion rate. :slight_smile:

Have a good day :slight_smile:

1 Like