Use Revolut in Jordan

I’ll be travelling to Jordan soon. Can I use the card once there? Do I have to contact the call centre before leaving?

Hey @yap :slight_smile:

It should work flawlessly. Remember to keep your phone with you and to connect it to the internet and open the :r: app once there. There’s no need to contact the support chat beforehand :wink:

Please, keep in mind four things before travelling:

• if your account hasn’t been regularly used in your own country before travelling, it has greater chances of becoming locked out under certain circumstances when you travel.
  • if your account hasn’t been fully verified before travelling, it has higher chances of being blocked.
  • always choose to be billed in the local currency and decline any conversion offer.
  • :r: does not offer phone support, only a 24/7 chat support service. To chat with a live agent, just type live agent in the chat itself.

In Jordan there’s a transaction fee for getting cash from a cash machine. You’ll have to pay it with Revolut too.

I think it’s proportional with the amount you get so there’s no way to avoid it. If I would have known that before, I’d have got all my cash in Palestine, where you can withdraw Jordanian Dinars in some banks.