USD transfer into Revolut account

Hello,

I live in Panama and would like to make a USD transfer into my Revolut account. I have had a long (too long) conversation with one of your staff via the in app chat about this because I need the intermediary bank details and they do not want to give it to me. I’m not sure if it is because they simply do not know or because Revolut does not want to be in a risky position of providing the wrong information, nonetheless Revolut should have this information, especially as they are trying to grow their market.

I went as far as calling Lloyds Bank in the UK to find out the intermediary bank as the final destination is Lloyds Bank. They said that the intermediary bank was Wells Fargo and the SWIFT - PNBPUS3NNYC.

Can someone from Revolut please state if this is correct please? If not, can you provide the intermediary bank details?

Much appreciated.

Kind Regards

IS

2 Likes

Hey @IvanMatos :slight_smile:

I’m not trying to help here. Only to learn, if you don’t mind. Why would you ever need to know the details of the intermediary banks to make a transfer? :thinking:

2 Likes

If I am going to be honest, I really don’t know. I think it is useless as banks should know how others operate and the mechanisms other banks use to get the money to the end destination, however I believe this is a safety mechanism to track payments and to ensure that these arrive safely. It can also be a way of the money arriving quicker as they know exactly where to route the money to.

My main gripe is that recolut show know this and they don’t provide the information.