USA ATM advice

There was some information on one of the Revolut pages about which ATM to use in USA, NYC. I am unable to find the information now and can remember it also saying to use 99999 when asked for a Zip code, does anybody have a link or remember which ATM"S to use

Hey @Markao :slight_smile:

This might come in handy :wink:

Thanks Juliopp, there is some good information on that post but the Revolut page had more specific details on using ATM but have searched for ages and can not find it now

Hey @Markao :slight_smile:

The 99999 ZIP code you’re talking about reminds me about the NYC Subway’s :r: page had set-up, but I don’t recall :r: having any specific info about USA ATMs. Can this be the case? :wink:

No there was a page that stated using a specific brand of ATM that gave the best rates for withdrawing money and what to select when asked if you wanted the money converted from GDP

Hey again @Markao :slight_smile:

It seems weird that :r: would advise you to use a specific brand of ATM. I know they discouraged you to use Travelex ATMs because they would ALWAYS apply their own (terrible) conversion rate (that’s called DCC, Dynamic Currency Conversion) and wouldn’t let the client decline it and let him/her use :r:'s one instead.

Maybe someone else can point you to that specific page though :wink:

Regarding this, ALWAYS CHOOSE TO BE BILLED IN THE LOCAL CURRENCY. That’s USD for the USA :wink:

If you’re offered any conversion, decline it. If you’re threatened that your bank might charge you terrible conversion rates or high fees, you know that’s not going to happen :smile:

1 Like

Got this link for pool M Revolut

1 Like

When using your Visa card – wasn’t Chase (JPMorgan Chase & Co.) the best option?

You coukd be right as i remember they did reference a specific type of ATM