US bank account numbers for non-US residents

Hi,

will you be offering US bank account numbers for your non-US based clients anytime soon? If so, when will this be available?

I am having the trouble that I need to make USD payments but some of the recipients don’t accept payments from third party accounts, i.e. payments need to come from a USD bank account in my name. I’m a UK based premium client.

Thank you.

4 Likes

Hi there.

Thank you for contacting us.

Yes, we’re working on personal USD IBANs. Aiming for the first half of 2018, along with our US expansion​:rocket::us_outlying_islands:

Will you support ACH transfers then? For our Canadians friends, do you have plans for CAD accounts (with ACCS transfers maybe?)

Yes, we’re working on personal USD IBANs

@anon33247966, domestic US accounts don’t have IBANs - they have routing and account numbers.

Are there plans to offer truly local accounts, like TransferWise do?

Yes. Please check this: Revolut lands in the USA! - #10 by anon33247966

1 Like

Hello! Just curious if there is a status update on USD IBANS?

Thanks in advance,

LS

Any update on US IBANs? I’m looking to receive proceeds from US company but they will not transfer to a prepaid card account. I’m guessing that’s what my Revolut US account will look like to them unless I can give them a US IBAN?
Thanks
Al

Hey I’ve been trying to sign up for Revolut for some time. But I never receive a code after submitting my phone number. Even after selecting SMS as an option. My friends in GDL, CDMX and London say it’s great and super handy. So if Revolut is available in the USA ; Would be nice to join the band wagon so to speak ya know ?

Sorry to bring this thread back from the dead, but I’m too wondering whether it’s possible to have a US bank account number for non-US residents. In my use case, I was working in the US on a J-1 visa, and now I need to supply a US bank account for getting my tax refund, or they’ll issue paper checks, which since I’m not in the US I can only cash in at local banks which take huge fees. It would be way easier and less costly to have a US revolut bank account and then transfer the money in my EU account.
Is there any way this is possible?

1 Like

Not currently. I suggest Transferwise.

4 Likes

What about the other way round? Any plan for Revolut to offer European bank account numbers for US residents?

1 Like

Good idea.

Transferwise is giving all the users the following bank accounts:

1. Europe
  2. Australian
  3. Singapore
1 Like