Uruguay UYU exchange rate markup? / general markup request

I just did some transactions and a ATM withdrawal in Uruguay in UYU.
Am I correct that there is a markup of around 1.5%? It is a Tuesday, so not a weekend.
I sincerely hope to see that markups like that on THB (and also UYU?) will disappear.

What I would appreciate is that during weekend Revolut would block the payment (incl a temporarily markup) and then use the real interbank rate of monday morning/sunday evening when the FX markets open again instead of applying a 0.5-1.5% weekend markup to finally settle the bill (I see that Visa and Amex do that being a credit card).

Hello @Etienne,

Thank you for you feedback.

I have double checked it for you and it seems you have received the best available rate at the time of your transactions.

Im comparing this rate with the rate you have received at your ATM withdrawal at 14.2.17.

Please let me know if you have further enquiry.

Best,

Andreas K.

I am travelling to Uruguay and Brazil in two weeks (Sept 2018). I would like to know the costs (conversion fees and exchange rate) when using my card for purchases and cash withdrawals outside the FX hours in those countries/currencies, please?

Please remind me the times for FX hours relating to time zones. I live in London, where my account is register.

Thanks in advance

Hello,
I can’t exactly recall if there was a fee every time I paid.
Revolut is surely cheaper than any other method, except perhaps N26 (they settle transactions during the week and not in the weekend with a markup of 1.5%). FX hours are from Sunday evening (2300UK?) until Friday evening (2300UK) non-stop.

Cash withdrawals are good with Revolut if you home bank card has a large fee. For me until like EUR 200 per withdrawal Revolut was good after that my local bank card was cheaper.
(The first EUR 200 withdrawal per month is without a fee anyway for Revolut, so the above is for amounts after that during a month)

Benefit of paying by card in Uruguay is that they recognize it is a foreign card and you will get a VAT refund automatically after a few days/week! You don’t have to do anything. Love that country :slight_smile:

Cheers