Urgent - UK Local Bank Transfer into Revolut account

Revolut GBP Acc is part of the UK Faster Payment scheme. FPS doesn’t know weekend or bank holiday. E.g. if you transfer money from HSBC U.K. to Lloyds Bank UK it’s there in seconds…maximum 2 hours.

It’s Revolut blame, to be specific Prepay technologies Revoluts payment processing partner. They always have issues. Was before with Monese same thing.

U.K. Faster Payments work 24/7/365. SEPA transfer doesn’t work on weekends/bank holidays.

I’ve found that for international SEPA transfers between banks in different countries, holidays don’t count.

The last example was when I ordered a transfer April 24th from N26 to a Portuguese account and it arrived on the 25th, despite the 25th being a holiday in Portugal

Just received the GBP transfer I was waiting for since friday

This gave me hope I’m still waiting for my money one transfer done on Friday and one 6 hours ago… Still nothing in my Revolut acc

On chat again with them “Daryna B” saying there is a small delay but there is no problem. I asked to escalate the issue. cc @anon33247966

1 Like

Small delay? Been waiting since Friday. Before it would take 3hrs at most. Cheers for keeping us updated, at least you’re getting some kind of response

OK, they have escalated my chat. They are still claiming as it is a bank holiday in the UK this is the reason why the transfers are not going through - quote from chat Daryna B, “Ben, this is the bank holiday, which means that banks are not working on that day. so that is why the transfer will be sent with delay.” cc @anon71086934

2 of mine just went in guys so looks like they’re being processed now. Doesn’t add up tho with the bank holiday explanation when its faster payments but anyway

1 Like

Just received a email, looks like they are flowing through now and was paid into my current account. @anon33247966 please have a look at my PM, I am happy to discuss further by phone if you like.

Where are you finding this Help Centre material, Frank? I am very confused about the different routes for getting money into my Revolut acount, and cannot find on clear statement about methods and costs.

I’ve been experiencing the same issue since Saturday evening; however, I’m transferring my Revolut balance back into my bank account as I no longer require their services for now. It normally takes a few hours - 12 max - but it’s now been over a day and a half.