Unsupported countries and regions?

@PhilT, the GIP, JEP, GGP etc codes are used only in wholesale banknote trading. Sometimes you might even see SCP for Scottish banknotes, even though SC is the country ISO code of the Seychelles, not Scotland (which is no more wrong than using BTC for Bitcoin instead of XBT as BT is the country ISO code of Bhutan).

Electronic transactions are always in GBP. And there’s no pegging; these local banknotes and coins are fixed, not pegged, at parity with GBP banknotes and coins.

2 Likes

Thank you so much for your detailed answer!

what about India?? Can we use Revolut card in India without any issue to pay and withdraw from ATM?

@nomadus: I dont know. I never been to India so far :slight_smile:

Netherlands - MasterCard is not accepted on 99% of the places.

From other :r: users:

I will be travelling there soon, I will post my experiences there.

1 Like

Hi there,

Does anybody know when it will be possible to register with a Myanmar phone number?
I changed my phone and I cannot log-in on my new phone with my Myanmar phone number …
I initially registered with a French phone number that I asked Revolut to change manually to use my Myanmar phone number. But when I try to log-in on my new phone, amongst hundreds of countries (of which I didn’t even know some of them existed), Myanmar is not an option …

Thanks this is useful info, with the current global crisis, don’t I’ll be traveling anytime soon!

Diríjase a mi en español, yo resido en España, y no entiendo inglés. Que información proporcionan ustedes.???

PAU

I paid with my MC in Transnistria at a local supermarket called Sheriff, in app it appears that I maid that payment in Russia in russian rubles.
About curency not supported by revolut: you can also add Moldovan lei there(you can’t open an account in moldovan lei).

Worked fine in Nouakchott, Mauritania.

confirmed : it doesn’t work in South Sudan even though they can charge in USD. it says COUNTRY NOT SUPPORTED :woman_shrugging:t3:

Isn’t Sudan in general subject to a lot of sanctions? Probably why

I am talking South Sudan.

Can I please ask, having successfully used Revolut in Scotland, Ireland, Greece, Qatar and Australia, how do I use it in Kenya? Currently Kenyan Shillings are supported. Do I just load my car with pounds and as I spend it will automatically convert to shillings? I have never travelled somewhere, where the currency isnt supported.

Sorry for the naive Q

1 Like

Hello hello

Yep, if you spend in Kenya and pay by card or withdraw cash it will do the conversion automatically

Thanks for your reply. So basically top up my card with pounds and it will just convert to shillings?

…but remember you probably get a better rate in the week rather than weekends when fin markets are closed.

Hi, I’ve used Revolut in Kenya for some years. As long as you have topped up your account Revolut automatically will exchange it to KSH when doing a purchase or withdrawing money. Please make sure you are using a Visa card as MasterCard may not be accepted everywhere. And yes, be mindful with the weekend markup rates.

What about Iraq? Where is Iraq’s position?