Unlimited blocking & unblocking of the card

I’d like to be able to block & unblock my card as many times as I want.

The reason for this is simple: safety.
I travel a lot, and use the card online a lot too. Two factors that increase the chances of my card getting hacked.

My usage would be the following: always leave my card blocked unless I have to do a payment.

Note: A few months back, there was a limit in the number of time one could block & unblock the card. If that has been changed, please do let me/us know!

3 Likes

I didn’t know that.
I’ve never been blocked out but If there is a limit that’s effectively not good. :anguished:

Yes, there was a limit in the number of time one could block & unblock the card.

I had to contact the support after blocking-unblocking-regenerating too many times.

They told me they didn’t expect users to use Revolut that way. :confused:

2 Likes

What is the limit now?

1 Like

Waiting for a response from the RevTeam :slight_smile:

poke @anon9918960 @andreas.kapsos

This is odd. I thought you could block or unblock it as many times as you liked.

1 Like

So did I thought the idea of blocking /unblocking was a great safety feature , especially if you just use the card when you travel. When i come back from a trip if i still have funds on my card, I block it for safety

Just put all securities on and leave that way. You can’t withdraw from ATM and you can’t pay on-line, so what’s the problem?

1 Like

totally agree with @osvislt, go to My Card -> Security and Disable ATM withdrawals and Disable E-commerce transactions. Additionally enable Location vased security and Disable magstripe payments. Thats all you are secure now :slight_smile:

One small thing to keep in mind, block/unblock request could be (based on list of conditions: own bank card processing or third party/external and etc) not free for Revolut.

1 Like

You can block and unblock your card as many times as you like. However, you can only create 3 virtual cards.

3 Likes

What virtual cards are you referring to?

AndreasK Team Revolut
You can block and unblock your card as many times as you like. However, you can only create 3 virtual cards.

@anon33247966 Do you mean 3 virtual cards per month?

I’m wondering the same thing. I thought we could only have one card.

No per month. An account is able to reissue 3 virtual cards in general.

What do you mean by “virtual cards”, are them totally different card numbers?

So to recap an account is allowed to:

• Block/unblock its card (virtual/physical) unlimited number of times.
  • Have its card numbers regenerated only 3 times, lifetime.

Am I right? :slight_smile:

I also have no idea about what “virtual cards” are.

About the block/unblock card, i’ve asked the support a while ago if the actions to block/unblock are immediate, and if i could have my card blocked by default and only unblock it when i need to use it.
Support said yes, the actions are immediate, and i could use that as an aditional security measure.
So it is weird if there is a block/unblock limit.

Ok just to clarify, once you set up an account the app gives the options to order a virtual card or a physical card. However, when you order your physical card, your physical card replaces your virtual card so from that moment your physical card is virtual as well.

You can block and unblock your physical card as many time as you like. When you reissue a new physical card we always advise to give some considerable time before the user block it. Let’s say 2-3 days after the order date, in order to make sure that the manufacturer has sent it out.

I am fine with unlimited blocking/unblocking as long as it does not cost Revolut any money. Otherwise, as Stoder mentioned, you can achieve the same by switching off the ATM withdrawals, magstripe and Internet transactions in the Security section of the app

1 Like