Unable to verify my identity, please help

I was asked to verify my identity, using my passport. However the scanner was unable to recognise it and after a few failed attempts, I was asked to load some pictures I took myself of my Spanish ID and myself, which I did. After doing so I was then told my verification was being processed . But nothing changes, I’m still waiting for hours? What can I do?

1 Like

Weekend :slight_smile:
Wait for the working days.

Because they couldn’t automatically scan your id they have to have a person look at it. This can take some time.

Let me know if you need help :slight_smile:

I have recently set up an account through the Revolut app but I a more having a similar problem, I have tried loads of times to take a picture of both my passport & driving licence plus the selfie but each time I get a message back to say I’d verification failed (no explanation why). Now when I enter the app it no longer allows me access to the account area (to access the in-app chat for help) I immediately get directed to id verification which will again fail! Can anyone help?

Try contacting them via:
Facebook
Tweeter
Instagram

1 Like

Thank you, I’ve just tried this but I get an automatic message saying I have to contact them through the in app chat which I can’t get access to. I’ve message again to say this but not sure if they’ll reply.

@anon33247966 I need help. Uploaded requested documents 1 week ago and since then it says looking for an agent.

I am a Swedish resident and keep getting to verify my account! I am very much me and the drivers license is very much the same until next year (when it needs to be renewed) and even though I am not the prettiest EU member I am still not a fraudster. Could soon develop to a spinster with a plow saving up to a good and fresh midwinterblot in my “horn-hat”! But never the less - standing here looking wild as a Viking in my fiftees - I can’t access your chat and have absolutely no idea how to write a new post in this very advanced forum without ale and sacrifices! Please young Andreas K tell me how to verify my status when Swedish Drivers License (for a plow to my good ole cow) is not accepted?

Due to Brexit, the driver’s license is no longer accepted for EU citizens. You can use a passport or national ID card.

The means of contact are via in-app chat.
Other means of contact are via social media (Facebook, Twitter). You can find the links a few posts back.

I had to install the Revolut app in a new phone, but I cannot pass the identification verification for an existing user, failing without giving a reason. I need urgent access to my Revolut account.
When the validation fails I receive an email saying. “You already have an account”. I am not trying to create a new account. I am just trying to regain access to my existing account. Then it says “Our customer support team is happy to help you…”. That’s fine, but how do I reach them?
I am struggling with this for more than 4 days. Please help.

Update: I finally got help by reaching them at their facebook, mentioned above

Reading is the clue, not just posting. Just read the post right above your’s. :grinning:

Very true, for this case. After going through a lot of posts this was the only one that was useful. Unfortunate I posted before reading. I was in pissed off mode :slight_smile:

1 Like

i have the same problem, i can’t complete the identity verification. after a few minutes the cancellation arrives!
What can I do?

I’m having the same issue. My daughter turn 18 and I tried to upgrade the <18 account to a standard one, in this process something went wrong. I was advised to delete the <18 which I did then tried again to create the standard account. My daughter identity failed and despite trying and engaging with support, it is still not resolved. Even worse now; the support organisation is telling me that my daughter account is closed and she cannot open one any longer with give us any reasons. Anyone can help ? I must resolve this in the coming week as she is going abroad studying and go no cards or account.

If Revolut decide she can’t have an account
You need to make a formal complain, or make a complain against Revolut, and hope the decision get revoke

If a bank say, you cant have an account with us, there is nothing you can do
The bank is a private business

Thank you for the post. I have raised a complaint but have not much hope and would love to be proven wrong. I just want to understand the reasons so I can reassure my daughter and find a way forward. If this not with Revolut, I’ll be disappointed but alternatives exist. To date she felt being treated as a delinquent and do not know why.

I have the same problem. In fact, I had an account in the past but now that I want to come back I am told that I already have an account, normally the old account has been closed

Hello, I use a translator to make myself understood. In fact, I had an account in the past that I closed, I tried to re-register once but the identity verification failed by saying that I already had an account and then the account was deactivated. Today I try again but it’s the same every time, with new contact details because I changed my email and phone number. I contacted the Revolut team by chat, who told me that they were deleting incomplete accounts in my name and that I could register again before telling myself that I am under review and that I can no longer register. Today when I re-register my account is directly disabled after putting the selfie and ID card, there is no longer the message “you already have an account”

In my case, I was using the wrong phone number. It never occurred to me that that would be the problem because the message didn’t point to that.