Unable to top up via Card (Address Issue)

I’ve had this issue for a while with multiple cards from different banks - when I started using Revolut I was able to add 2 cards from 2 different banks and top up with them. After a while, my top ups on one card were failing due to an address issue so I started using another the other card exclusively until I got the address issue began happening with that card.

I tried everything from removing the cards (I’m now no longer able to re-add these cards due to the address issue), deleting and re-installing the app and have discussed this issue with the support team but to no avail. The only top up method available to me is via bank transfer but this doesn’t always suit because it takes a few days to hit my Revolut account.

The issue appears to be coming from a mismatch in the Postcode as postcodes are relatively new to Ireland.

Will there be any fixes for this issue? I think I would be using the app a lot more if I were able to top it up instantly when I needed to instead of trying to do bank transfers.

Thanks.

Hi @anziemc

Can you please try to add a card now, add all the address details and just leave blank the city and region fields.

For example. Country/postcode/-blank-/-blank-/Street/House/

Please let us know

Can you please let me know which bank card you used for the top-up. My bank card (issued by Maestro) was just refused for top-up. Ans somewhere is stated that Maestro cards do not work at all to top-up Revolut. I would not mind to ask my bank to issue a different card. But Revolut support staff was not able to tell me which cards would work.
So it would be great to have a list of all bank cards working to top-up Revolut and to make Revolut accepting Maestro bank cards for top-up.
I do fully agree with your view that this would contribute significantly to more frequent use of my Revolut - as my top-up by bank transfer takes a minimum of 3 days and sometimes up to 5 days.

Hi @MartinH

It’s not that we reject or don’t reject MaestroCard. It’s just that maestro cards can have different configurations: some don’t have cvv, some have more numbers than normal cards, etc… so the app is not configured to accept all of them. Also, you cannot top up your account with a prepaid card, you can top up with any Debit or Credit card.

Adding pre-paid card as account top-up card

Hi @ AndreasK
a) Would it be possible to configure the app for the vorious MaestroCard configurations to facilitate the top-up via Maestro card? I am convinced this would be benefit very much valued by Revolut users.
b) To top-up via debit or credit card burdens the transaction with fees offsetting the advantage achieved by Revolut. So it´s not the solution.

We’ll take you feedback on board.

…but top up by debit card is free

…the top-up of the Revolut card by debit card is free, but the debit card
(issuer) chrges 1% for the top-up of the debit card. so it´s a vicious
circle…

best regards,

martin

This message and any attachment (“the Message”) are confidential. If you
have received the Message in error, please notify the sender immediately
and delete the Message from your system, any use of the Message is
forbidden. Correspondence via e-mail is primarily for information purposes.
KAG/ImmoKAG/RSI neither makes nor accepts legally binding statements unless
otherwise agreed to the contrary. Information pursuant to § 14 Austrian
Companies Code:
Raiffeisen Kapitalanlage-Gesellschaft m.b.H.; Registered Office:
Mooslackengasse 12, A-1190 Vienna; Company Register Number: FN 83517w at
the Commercial Court of Vienna
Raiffeisen Immobilien Kapitalanlage-Gesellschaft m.b.H.; Registered Office:
Mooslackengasse 12, A-1190 Vienna; Company Register Number: FN 239281i at
the Commercial Court of Vienna
Raiffeisen Salzburg Invest Kapitalanlage GmbH; Registered Office:
Schwarzstraße 13-15, A-5020 Salzburg; Company Register Number: FN 133117k
at Landesgericht Salzburg

|------------>
| Von: |
|------------>

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
|revolut@discoursemail.com |
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------|
|------------>
| An: |
|------------>
|martin.hager@rcm.at, |
|------------>
| Datum: |
|------------>
|07.09.2016 18:10 |
|------------>
| Betreff: |
|------------>
|[Revolut Community ] [Bugs] Unable to top up via Card (Address Issue) |

AndreasK Team Revolut 

September 7           

We’ll take you feedback on
board.
…but top up by debit card
is free

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

In Reply To

MartinH                                                                                                                                        
   September 7                                                                                                                                    

Hi @ AndreasK a) Would it be possible to configure the app for the vorious MaestroCard configurations to facilitate the top-up via Maestro card? I
am convinced this would be benefit very much valued by Revolut users. b) To top-up via debit or credit card burdens the transaction with fees
offsetting …

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

To unsubscribe from these emails, click here.

This chart from Global Payments shows no difference for interchange fees between Maestro and Mastercard cards. I don’t see how supporting Maestro cards better would help lowering the costs.

Some additional information from Mastercard’s website:

https://www.mastercard.co.uk/en-gb/about-mastercard/what-we-do/interchange.html

I got the same problem.
My bank is decline it because my name doesn’t match my Ivanka number.

Is there a way to top up whiteout using a credtitcard. I just have a meastro card.