Unable to add new beneficiary

I’m using a vanilla Android 8.1.0 device (Google Pixel) and recently installed, setup and verified my Revolut account.

Unfortunately after one day I’ve already encountered what I recognise as a severe bug, in that it hinders the ability to add a beneficiary. I’ve already (before the issue arose) managed to add two beneficiaries to my account but for obvious reasons require the ability to add more.

Has anyone else encountered this issue before and if you have did you find a resolve?

Can it be OS update related?
Please try to log out then log in again.

I’m not sure what was causing it but looking at my device logs it started just after an update to the app itself.

In the end I resulted to uninstalling Revolut, rebooting my device and installing once again. Since doing this I’ve once again been able to add beneficiaries.

I’m having the same issues, just can’t add new beneficiary, and my money is stuck now…

have you tried what @hemiipatu have done?

I am having the same problem trying to add a Czech IBAN account which I own.
I have tried uninstalling, rebooting, deleting cache and data, and it does not help.
This is the first time I am adding a beneficiary, and I am in Kenya at the moment - could my location be a problem?

Check your account info. Mine’s only working with SWIFT transfers, so maybe this will also help you.

Hello, I’m having the same problem with my iPhone SE. I can’t add any beneficiary. iOS is up-to-date, I updated and reinstalled the app, restarted the phone… nothing changed.

Here’s the error (“An error occured, try again”) :
error-revolut

Anyone knows a way to fix it?

Has any fix been found? I am having this issue now on an Android device and no amount of deletinge cache and reinstalling helps, which is really annoying…

Okay, I fixed it myself, with a lot of problems because nothing is described clearly on Revolut help pages. I tested adding a recipient in another country and it worked, which meant that the issue was confined to recipients in Sweden. Then I found out that since March 2021 more information on the account that I was making a transfer to was required. I had to add a clearing number and separately account number (without the clearing number this time!!! also don’t be discouraged that it is shorter than the field, it’s okay). Then it worked - too b ad that Revolut error messages don’t point you in ANY WAY to what might be causing the error.

2 Likes