Unable to activate local GBP account

I have been using the Revolut card satisfactorily for a few months to top-up and pay for various transactions but I am unable to activate the local bank account feature for GBP. I have done so successfully for EUR. The Revolut account in question is associated with a new iPhone.

On a different (Android) phone with a separate older Revolut account, I have managed to activate everything successfully.

I wish to use both phones and whilst I would prefer to only use a single Revolut account shared between the phones, I understand this is not possible.

I’d be grateful for any advice on activating the account.

Using it on both phones shoud be possible AFAIK - and having two accounts actually a violation of the terms of service (19.1.D at https://www.revolut.com/terms), I’d contact support, they can close the second one.

What is the issue with activating the sterling account?

Thanks for this, I was not aware of the restriction on two accounts and will contact support as you suggest.
The issue is that on pressing the Activate Account button, it responds by saying “We’re sorry, something has gone wrong. Please try later”. Naturally, I have tried later on a number of occasions but I keep getting the same message.

I’d contact support about that as well. Just make sure you type “live agent” to get past the chatbot. Though, expect some waiting times *). First level support is already slow but still swift compared to second level :frowning:

I’ll also tag @anon33247966 and @anon71086934 and maybe they can speed it up a bit :slight_smile:

*) By which I mean more than “ten minutes”. Can be two hours for first level and sometimes days for second level. Too much partying going on at London E14 :champagne: :dancer:

1 Like

Hi there. I see you were able to get in touch with an agent :slight_smile:

Yes, I was able to get in touch with an agent. The initial response was disappointing inasmuch he seemed to have ignored most of my explanation of the problem I was having and quite a bit of time was spent getting to the root of it. I am guessing from the response and the various delays/interruptions that he was trying to answer lots of queries more or less simultaneously, hopping from one to another. He then couldn’t resolve my issue with what I suspect is the limited toolset at his disposal and consulted others. I think we got there in the end, although I have to wait for one pending payment to clear before I can say so with certainty.

I do believe a simple phone conversation would have been much faster - provided the agent wasn’t obliged to work through one of the usual idiotic endless flowchart systems that seem to drive phone assistance systems. (A very good phone support system is what I like most about First Direct - although I guess it’s expensive to provide that).

Thanks for your feedback. If you need further assistance don’t hesitate to get in touch with me via private message @chrisjk