I am a Premium user. I think I have similar issues as @GBlakie. What happened? A couple of days ago, I got a notification that a new account in the local currency was created for me. It was however not visible in the app for 2 days so I asked about that in the in-app chat. The operator advised me to log out and log in again.
However, I was unable to log back in. I always end up in an infinite loop. OK, now I uninstalled Revolut, installed again, and describe here exactly what I am doing.
- Install Revolut and open it.
- I have to tap through introductory screens. The only button there is Open free account. I don’t want a new account so don’t tap it. So I just tap through all those intro screens, pretty annoying.
- After a while a screen Mobile number appears. I insert my phone number I use for Revolut. There is a button Continue, and a link Lost access to your number. The latter is not my case so I hit Continue.
- Now 6-digit passcode screen appears, an sms is received in a few seconds and automatically filled in. I automatically get to the next screen…
- … which is Create passcode. I enter the one I always used recently, and confirm.
- Next is Fingerprint screen which says Use fingerprint to log into your Revolut account instead of the passcode. I’m scared to do this right now, so I hit Not now.
- Next is Country where I select my one. But here it’s getting suspicious again. Down below is either Sign up button, or Existing user? link. I don’t wanna sign up again! So tap Existing user?.
- Haha, here we go again! A popup dialog appears stating You need to complete these steps to create your account. All the progress will be lost, do you really want to quit?
- I click Return and the dialog disappears.
- OK, but I am an existing user, so I hit Existing user? and the weird dialog appears again. So this time I tap Quit.
- I am back at the beginning. No obvious way forward. No option to chat with support. I can do nothing else then insert my number again and Continue.
- I try again. I insert my number and hit Continue. 6-digit code is filled in automatically again.
Enter passcode screen. I enter it.
Fingerprint screen. I tap Not now.
Country screen with Sign up button. I select my country and tap Existing user?.
You need to complete these steps to create your account. I don’t want a new account so tap Quit.
- Back in Mobile number screen. What could I do differently to at least get to the in-app chat? Maybe ignore the 6-digit passcode. I was playing with that before and found out that on my particular version of Android, I was not really able to disable the verification SMS autofill. The only way to do it is to disable my SIM for a while. Let’s do that. SIM disabled. So I hit Continue in the Mobile number screen.
6-digit code screen. Obviously, now I get no verification SMS. Waiting until 1 minute timeout. I tap No verification code received?
- A confusing dialog pops up, having just two options: SMS, Phone call from us. Still no access to in-app chat! I enable my SIM again, wait another minute, and hit Phone call from us, hoping I get some help. I think this behavior is new and buggy; if I recollect well the last time I needed to solve similar issue (my phone was stolen), I could get to the chat here.
- No call yet. Enter passcode appears. Should I enter it, or try Forgot your passcode? I haven’t tried the latter yet, so I hit Forgot your passcode?
6-digit code screen. Autofilled code without touching anything.
- Now a new screen appears Please sign up again We couldn’t recover your account. Please sign up again. I can only tap Sign up. And I’m back at the beginning. Bummer.
This is a short version. I tried it with various minor alterations many times. But the result is all time the same.
What I find particularly frustrating is that I have no access to in-app chat at any of these steps! I am in an infinite loop and nobody can help me.
I am getting a bit nervous as I have quite some money there which I will need soon. So I will now send this to firstname.lastname@example.org as well. I will also try to create a new account with a different phone number and email address in order to be able to chat with somebody from Revolut hopefully. I will post here updates.