UK Current account for Swiss Residents

Hi guys from Switzerland :switzerland: :slight_smile:

Maybe you know that as a Swiss resident it’s currently impossible to get a UK current account…
This is annoying me because Swiss residents have the same rights as EEA residents (https://www.gov.uk/eu-eea)

I cannot understand why Revolut is available in Switzerland but we’re unable to get a UK current account. It cannot be an issue with the law, because TransferWise is offering a UK current account to Swiss residents. So there is no reason why the UK current account isn’t availbale for Swiss Revolut users. I would like to start a petition here in the community. If you’re also thinking that we should be able to get a UK current account, please like this post or write a comment below :slight_smile:

Thanks! :wink:

@anon33247966 @revolut

It would be nice to get a statement from you :slight_smile:

best regards

Gabriel

7 Likes

Yes that would be great!

a CH national living in an EEA country wouldn’t have problem getting the UK account. It’s not about nationality but about residency.

a UK citizen living in USA can’t get a revolut account at all.

1 Like

Thank You :slight_smile: , I have just adjusted my post

1 Like

+1
It would be very useful, indeed.

I have modified the title to mention Swiss residents, not Swiss citizens.

Thanks for editing :slight_smile: @Karol

1 Like

Yes, I’m waiting to open revolut account til…

Agree - for many including me this would be a very positive feature.

Combined with a Swiss IBAN which is (allegedly) coming it would make Revolut a top notch cross-border financial provider.

1 Like

Yes, that would be a useful feature. Come on Revolut, it isn’t difficult to allow Swiss residents to have a UK current account, it’s just a software adjustment and it’s already developed and useable for all EEA residents. There are no laws which could be restrictions.

@anon33247966

2 Likes