UI Overhaul

The new version (7.0) is horrible. Who has approved this? Instead of permanently changing the UI they should release a web version! Can we have a poll here?

https://www.reddit.com/r/Revolut/comments/gntw6w/do_you_like_the_new_interface_revolut_70/

<sarcasm> Thanks for the dark mode! </sarcasm>

I see there that Instagram was the role model :joy:
I pretty like it, excepting Trades in the main menu.
I am raging for dark theme still :sweat_smile:

2 Likes

What, still no dark mode? In various places in this forum, I have been warned off. Virtually told to stop moaning because itā€™s coming soon.

Clearly there is a need to keep mentioning the need for a dark mode!

However, for some reason this logical and important request keeps falling on deaf ears.

3 Likes

Youā€™ve been told that because it is coming soon, if you havenā€™t worked that out yet.

You can currently force dark mode on Android using Darq and most screens have a dark mode equivalent - some have a few visual errors but it IS being worked on.

I can post screenshots if itā€™ll stop people from mentioning it :slight_smile:

Geez this is truly horrible. The new UI is far more unusable than the previous ones. Important features are hidden for the sake of showing stuff that is not relevant at all. A whole new tab for Junior? Vaults tab is the last? Wtf?

I HATE that I need much more taps to reach crucial functions. For example, if I wanted to split a bill, that took me only a swipe. Now I have to TAP all transactions, search for the one I want to split, TAP on it, then TAP on the split bill button. One swipe now takes 3 goddamn taps!!! This is absolutely garbage UX.

Widgets are now also on a separate hidden tab, making it basically pointless to have, since it doesnā€™t provide information at a glance anymore. And the fact I canā€™t reach exchange rates in less than 3 taps drives me crazy

I really wish there will be an option to at least rearrange tabs so I can see the stuff I want, not some dumbass Stocks page I donā€™t care about.

And definitely do something about the transactions page. I donā€™t even know what you thought when you went showing only the last transaction, and killing all the swipe gestures. Oh, and something Iā€™ve just noticed, I canā€™t see how much spare each transaction made to my vault anymore.

Revolut 7 is truly disappointingā€¦

21 Likes

They put so much stress on the junior tab like you said while 90% of Revā€™ users donā€™t even have kidsā€¦ I just think they have to prioritize some other thingsā€¦ (credit card launch, like you said the transaction page,ā€¦)

4 Likes

I know, right? Why donā€™t they just show the Junior tab if I actually have a junior account? Now I have it and takes up space, as it wonā€™t be relevant for me for at least 20 yearsā€¦ The same applies to stocks and crypto.

I know, I guess Revo tries to show there are those features, fine, do that, mention it, but donā€™t make it a core function if the majority wonā€™t use it anyways

7 Likes

Hereā€™s a question for you. What if this redesign of the home and wealth section is laying the groundwork for this? Where, within the app, do you imagine a credit card to ā€œliveā€? Maybe the new home screen is redesigned exactly for this purpose, to show several balances, checking accounts and credit cards, at a glance?

Yeah weā€™ll see about that for when the time comes but as of right now I donā€™t get why you update an entire UI for a product that is YET to launch according to RUMORS. I never saw an official statement from revolut on their website or anything saying ā€˜we will launch a credit cardā€™ā€¦

They will be launching a credit card. Theyā€™ve had jobs revolving around credit listed on their website.

1 Like

This has to be one of the worse updates by far, I have been a proud user of Revolut, and now I am truly disappointed. Now I can only see one transaction on a WHOLE PAGE, and they removed the hide payment function.

Also whatā€™s the point of promoting junior, this update is a waste and I wish I could go back to previous version.

11 Likes

The junior tab, it showing only the last transaction and some missing gestures, I do not like it. The rest I actually like a lot including the trading wealth section I think is very good. They also now show the real time stock prices finally.

2 Likes

I really need back the ALL TIME EXPENSES in Analytics in v7.

Perhaps they could use the old style graph for this one? If new style graph is not applicable to All Time Expenses?

This is deal breaker. Luckily I had tried beta and downgraded. Iā€™m not ever upgrading to it. Disabled Auto Updates until this is added.

I donā€™t mind the UI overhaul at all as long as you DONā€™T REMOVE any FEATURES.

3 Likes

Same for me. Especially the budgeting screen got worse. Now you need a calculator to find out if your are within your limits or not ;-( I hope someone will listen.

2 Likes

how long does the outstanding investment funds go to the account for withdrawal?

Iā€™ve moved one of my accounts from Starling to Revolut to try it out as I already use Rev abroad bot not in the UK. First impression - itā€™s a cluttered screen layout. Starling was tight and well organised. There are obviously changes to get used to, but taking up screen space on a small mobile device with a thumbnail icon by each transaction that has no real use or purpose. If you canā€™t pick up the direct debit holderā€™s logo then donā€™t bother wasting this space. Make room for more information.

The money column is very untidy to look at. Whoā€™s idea was it to remove trailing zeros? For the column to line up and be easily readable, you need to have the same number of decimal places for every single entry.

You have a long way to go to catch up with the other challengersā€™ direct debit handling. Thereā€™s no advance placement on the screen the day before, no notifications of upcoming debits, and the list of mandates has no payment information or dates whatsoever. Events I have manually scheduled are much clearer.

I have seen other comments about the UI in this section that are about colour. Well I am colour-blind so donā€™t care much about that. But the on-screen layout needs to be easily readable at a glance with everything in-line and clearly laid out.

I moved an account over because I saw you are planning to offer savings interest and Starling just reduced their current account rate to 0.1%. I hope I havenā€™t lost too much clarity and information by coming here. My mortgage lenders logo is instantly recognisable at a glance, as are all the utility and mobile phone providers. To me a good bank account runs on autopilot with a collection of direct debits and transfers, and I just want a dashboard view at a glance where I can see that all is going to plan.

2 Likes

Very disappointed with the new UI.

4 Likes

I love it ā€“ Everyone is different!

1 Like

I really do not like the new UI. It is not very intuitive anymore and a lot of waste of space which is just whiteā€¦

Did anybody looked through on how i can see the overall spends for more than 1 month? i could before, but now i just can select between weeks and months - that really sucksā€¦

3 Likes

I miss the ability to easily see whether you are on track with your spending target. Now you just get bars for how much youā€™re spending per week and an average. I miss the projection.

1 Like