UI Overhaul

I wouldn’t say it’s terrible. Some of the icons could do with a re-design to better portray each part of the app and some things do feel a bit hidden away. Not the worst UI design I’ve ever seen though.

Can’t really compare to the old design as I’ve only just started using R. Just hoping for a Dark theme soon.

2 Likes

I hate that you can only see one request at a time - makes it very easy to miss them. Otherwise the payments section and the wealth section are improved :slight_smile:

So 8 of us go out for lunch yesterday. All of us have Revolut cards.

As usual one of us paid the bill and all other users transfers money to the bill-payer via the Revolut app.

Here comes the problem…

One person in the group was an “outsider” and needed to pay the bill-payer using the “pay people near me” function.

It took all 8 of us 5 minutes to find where this is now hidden in this jumbled up mess of an app.

So if you want to receive money in this way the option is under the send page, hidden away right at the top of the page which is hidden unless you pull the page down.

New UI is terrible.

7 Likes

Jesus thats an huge mistake to see that as “update”
Is there any option to get the original lool and feel back? Please developers do some magic. The new happtic is horrorfying… thx

1 Like

Not happy that the budget section has gone back to resetting 1st of the month. It doesn’t work at all that way as most people get paid in the week before the end of the month and I spend most of my money at the end of the month, I need to be able to budget from my pay day. It’s ridiculous. The old way the app looked and worked was so much better. You’ve changed things, then broke them, then instead of fixing it have gone to the easiest option.

3 Likes

They removed the ability to add Notes to transfers to/from a Vault… which sucks, because I like to provide context to every single transaction, so that I still know what it was for, many months (or even years) from now.
Apart from that, I’m also of the opinion that the new UI isn’t so good… I also convinced many of my friends to adopt it, and unfortunately I don’t even have a single one who’s “in favor” of it…
I’m usually in favor of new versions, changes and updates, but I also don’t like it so much if I’m being honest.

1 Like

Im using Android Beta and unless I’m losing it, I simply cannot see how/where I set up budgets - can anyone enlighten me please? Thanks.

Using Revolut App 7.9.1 on the home page click on the histogram icon to enter the budget screen. Click on ‘Budget’ to enter the ‘Edit your budget’ screen.

Thanks. There is no option for budget. I’m sure there was but not any more.

1 Like

Budget is dead in Revolut…
RIP

Budget in one currency… seriously… we are in year 2020 not 2002

I downloaded the Wallet - Daily budget and Profit to do my job.

Revolut used to wanted to be one app for everything… not any more…

I have the useless icons in the first page that I spent money to transfers… I don’t know why I have to see that??? Noone knows… just rubbish …

1 Like

Sorry it didn’t help you. Maybe ‘Budget’ only appears when you have set up a physical card. Try home>cards>tap card icon>settings>spending limit>change monthly limit

Thats OK - technical issue at Revoults end, apparently…

It should be much more minimal and easy to navigate. Every version is getting more cluttered and cramped of functions, iti is slowly becoming an awful labyrinth of options :confused:
Secondary stuff as Rewards, friends and invitations should be hidden or in an independent leisure or perks oriented app. Also, why should be people with no kids have to see wasted space with the junior menu and people who hate Group bills have to see that option as well, etc. We shouldn’t need to see what we don’t use. I miss when the app was beautiful, easy to navigate and minimal!

5 Likes

I agree the UI is a mess.
I reached out to Revolut recently about it but no reply.

The bad
• 23 buttons/ links on home screen, yes 23!
• Weekly insight ugly boxes – Remove this section altogether
• Remove Rate, This month icons
• Remove “Wealth” icon
• Remove “Rewards” icon
• Remove “Revolut friends” and replace with “my favourites”

The good
• Accounts, cards, linked, Junior tabs
• Transactions. But show last 10 (this can reply ugly insights)
• Add “vaults” link next to “Junior”

Other suggestions
• Less is more, have a “More” icon on home screen to hold all the non-essential options like
Rates, Convert, Actions, Rewards, Profile, Upgrade, Widgets, Invite friends, stocks, Crpto, commodities
• Make it easier to “Request” or “Send” money, this is getting lost in the app

5 Likes

Junior is only good if you have kids. It’s pointless and intrusive otherwise.

7 Likes

And kids under 18, for that matter.

1 Like

Some things get better. Now the monthly graph is back (even though you have to switch to that graph every time) and the colored percentage rings are also back. If they give us the choice to select the graph as default and perhaps use it for previous month too, I can live with the new UI… even though I prefered the old one… I still want at least three, better five transactions on the start screen, I promise, I will never ever use the junior tab and really don´t want to see it and would like to have a choice to customise my page… Perhaps that comes one day… So it´s not perfect and not as good as 7.x but I have to cope with that…

1 Like

Folks, just be patient. The app is a work in progress. Things will change for the better. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Not sure where you get that from.

As a work in process it’s getting worse not better.

7 Likes

One man’s meat is another’s poison :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

2 Likes