U.K. bank card with foreign address

I live in the Netherlands with a Stirling account with HSBC in the U.K. with my Netherlands address as my postal address.
I set up revolut with my Netherlands address.
When I try to top up revolut in £ with my HSBC card it says the address on the card and the revolut account don’t match, they do!
Anyone got any ideas? I tried in app help which unfortunately was misleading and tried to blame my bank.

@anon33247966 might be able to sort that out.

Though, have you tried a local(!) bank transfer instead? That might be easier. Just make sure it is local and not SWIFT.

Yeah I’ve tried that but it takes about 8 hours for it to appear in my account. Any help greatly appreciated.

Hi there. Is the billing address of your card the same as the one you used when you added the card to your Revolut account?

Many thanks for your response, they are both exactly the same. Both my Netherlands address, but when I try to add money using my card it says they don’t match.

Can contact our in-app support team?

Thanks Andreas, I tried that but they were unable to help.

Can you please send me a direct message?

Hi! I’ve got the same issue as Pedrob188 but with France.
I live in France with a HSBC in the U.K. with my French address. I set up my revolut account with my French address. When I try to top up, it says the address on the card and the account doesn’t match.
Have you found a fix? I also tried to talk with a live agent and same results as Pedrob188, blaming the bank.

thank you

1 Like

Hi there. Could you send me a direct message?

Hi JessicaZ - I wish i could send you a private message, but a pop-up appears saying I can’t send a message to this user.

Thank you

Hey @MathB :slight_smile:

You’ll have to wait until either 24 hours pass or a moderator manually gives you DMing permissions :wink:

thanks @Juliopp -

I guess i’ll wait then :slight_smile:

Hey mathb, i have given you permission to send nessages now. Please try again :slight_smile:

thank you @henrikbjorn

Hi there,

I’m having the exact same problem with all my Barclays accounts cards which are now registered to an address in France.

Please could you enable the same process to resolve the situation as discussed in this thread.

Best Regards

I have this same problem, have a UK HSBC account with a Debit Card but a French address - as registered with HSBC.

When trying a top-up - I even get to the Verified by Visa page which says authorised OK - which is then followed by an error from Revolut app … and money transferred. I looked into this previously with both Revolut and HSBC and both said it wasn’t their fault

Note: If I go into HSBC app (where I have Revolut GB set up as a local transfer) any money transfer is instantaneous to my Revolut account.

I just tried this again - and I see that in my HSBC account - it shows the attempted transfer to Revolut as a “Pending” debit … so it looks like this is a Revolut issue and not an HSBC one (despite the Revolut app asking me to amend the Zip Code and try again)