Turn off transaction notification emails

I may be being stupid, but how do I turn off transaction notification emails?

Every time a bank transfer happens, I get one email saying it’s been submitted, then a second saying it’s been executed. Then I also get the app notifications.

That’s a lot of notifications!

I can’t see any way to switch off the emails…

5 Likes

Prevents me from using the Revolut app for more than spending also

Well, you can easily set up an email filter on the server to stop them getting to your phone, but it just seems crazy there’s no simple way to turn them off altogether.

1 Like

Actually going to do that, it’s not a bad idea at all.

There should be choice (simple toggle in the app) to switch e-mail notifications off.

5 Likes

I’ve played around with this a bit.

The problem is that you can’t/shouldn’t filter by sender address, because it’s the same address Revolut uses for security messages, like new device activated etc. Bad decision by Revolut, IMO.

So you have to filter by subject.

Filtering subjects that contain “submitted” or “executed” is working so far for me. Two emails for each scheduled transaction was getting really annoying!

1 Like

Actually this is very annoying. I am also not very comfortable with my email provider knowing every exact transaction I do… There should be implemented an option to turn this off.

3 Likes

This should be an easy feature to implement.
Why is revolut user privacy being compromised by sending all transaction data to email both revolut and account holders email addresses?

No response, yolo i have stopped using revolut for starling

Is there any response to this by Revolut?

Not that I know of! This is their forum…

I only see option to mute or block ?

I have the same “problem” and I wonder why these emails are especially sent only on outgoing transfers. I have 4 scheduled transfers on the 2nd of every month and so I get 4 emails. I know about these transfers and the app notifies me about them too, so these emails are pretty useless.

Hi everyone :wave: ,

Lots of notifications can be annoying. :expressionless:

Don’t worry! You can always manage your notification according to your preferences. Wondering how? :thinking: Check out this FAQ link for the details. :wink:

Hope this helps. :smiley:

SG | Community Team

@SG.Mandal, thanks, but this is a way to deactivate push notifications, not emails. So unfortunately this is not the solution!

This comes up from time to time. Revolut has shown no interest in solving it. The only workaround is to create a server side email filter to a folder you don’t use/subscribe to

1 Like

@Kamika242 So sorry to hear about this issue :frowning_face:

@minimim Welcome to the :r: community :sunflower:

Apart from marketing notifications, you also receive notifications on the transactions (card payments, transfers) - these can be either in-app push notifications or e-mails. Unfortunately it is not possible to disable these notifications in the Revolut app :frowning_face: , but you can adjust the notification settings of the phone.

To unsubscribe from marketing notifications, you will need to go to your profile icon in the upper right corner and tap on ‘Privacy’.Here you can adjust the following :

• marketing notifications,
  • promotions and Perks notifications,
  • trading notifications,
  • crypto notifications,
  • commodities notifications.

We are continuously trying to improve our products to deliver WOW, so stay tuned :smiling_face:

Veda | Community Team

1 Like