Trying to create a new account in another country after closing my old account

Hi there, I have just moved to the Netherlands and I wanted to create an account here. Revolut told me to close my old account in the UK so I could re-open a new one in the Netherlands. I have closed my old UK account but I am now having lots of trouble opening a new one in the Netherlands. I either receive emails from Revolut saying I already have an account (which I don’t) or I immediately get my account deactivated, shortly after trying to create an account. Please help me. This is super disruptive as I now don’t have a bank account.

1 Like

Hello @kikajorge :wave: ,

Welcome to our Community. We are sorry to hear that you are unable to open an account with us.

Have you tried the basic troubleshooting yet?

1. Make sure your Revolut app is updated to the latest version available
  2. Clear the device’s cache:

iPhone: ‘Settings’ → ‌’General’ → iPhone storage → search for the Revolut app → select ‘Offload app/clear cache’

Android: ‘Settings’ → ‘Apps’ → search for the Revolut app → click on the app → tap ‘Storage’ → clear cache

1. Close the app (close it completely from the app switcher)
  2. Turn your device on and off
  3. Try with both Wi-Fi and mobile data — ensuring that network connections are strong and stable
  4. If none of this helps, use an alternative device (if possible)

Try following these steps and attempt to open the account one more time. If you’re still having trouble, don’t hesitate to get in touch with us so we can assist you further. :pray:

SG | Community Team

Hi @SG.Mandal, thanks for this. I have tried all of these and I get an email saying my account got deactivated as soon as I try to proceed with my registration. Please help me sort this out, as you can understand this is super disruptive.

1 Like

Hello @kikajorge :wave: ,

Sorry to hear that your issue has not been resolved yet. To get to the bottom of why this is happening, we’ll need to carefully check your account, which isn’t possible through the Community at the moment. Please reach out to us via email at help@revolut.com so we can offer you further assistance.

SG | Community Team