Trip to America / Best way to use app

Hello fellow revoulters

I know a thread has already been created in regards to using your revoult card in America but that seems to be dated a little while back .

I go away the week coming up and just need a couple of questions answered .

1. Should I top up my revoult account with GBP and then exchange it to USD in the UK?

2.If I were to just simply top my account in GBP and get to America would I be able to withdraw my cash at a decent rate at a atm without any fees ?

1. Using my card in shops: ( two scenarios)

Scenario 1 :

• I choose to only have a GBP balance .
    Would my GBP balance be deducted in line with the exchange rate at the time to pay for the purchase ?

Scenario 2 :

I only have a revoult debit card what option of payment do i choose at the shops credit or debit ?

I know these maybe fairly easy questions to be answered but I am getting rather confused and worried about nothing .

Please help

Hi there.

There is no need to exchange beforehand as the card will automatically convert your funds to the local currency using our exchange rate. However, if you’d like or if you feel the exchange rate is particularly favourable at that moment, you can exchange it before.

Sometimes when you use an ATM, you will be asked to choose between a ‘credit’, ‘checking’ or ‘savings’ account. You should always choose either a ‘checking’ or ‘savings’ account.

If the ATM (or card terminal) asks whether you would like to complete the transaction ‘with conversion’ or ‘without conversion’, you should ALWAYS choose ‘without conversion’.

As a rule of thumb, you should always opt to be charged in the local currency of the country you’re in! If you’re in Thailand choose Thai Baht, in Spain, Euros or in the United States, Dollars.

If you choose ‘with conversion’, the merchant or ATM provider can apply their own exchange rate. This rate usually has a mark-up on the interbank rate, enabling the ATM provider or merchant to make a profit on your transaction.

Please let me know if you have further enquiry!

Regards,

Andreas K.