Tried to transfer money to new card but declined

Hi,

tried to transfer holiday cash across to a new card, was told that my 24hr limit was £500, tried this and after entering in my Verify by Visa details the app said it decline and I needed to contact support, anyone experienced this?

Hi there. I can see that the you were entering incorrect card details. However, seems that you have managed to top up at the end :slight_smile:

Regarding top up limits: For newly added cards, most of our users will have a top-up limit between £1000-£3000 (or currency equivalent) per 24 hours. Some users may find they have a lower daily limit to begin with, however, your daily top-up limits will increase over time. We suggest: Try and top-up your desired amount. If the amount is over your top-up allowance, you will receive a pop up message notifying you of the daily limit for that card and how much you can top-up today. If you wish to top-up more than your daily limit, you can use another debit or credit card, alternatively top-up via bank transfer. Unfortunately for security reasons we cannot provide the specific details around how your top-up limits are calculated.

Hi,

thanks for the reply, the money is being transferred from a joint account, can I register my wife’s card and use that to transfer funds too? Regards banks transfers, do you know how long they normally take to transfer the funds?

Thanks in advance

We dont advise to share a bank card with another Revolut user :slight_smile:

1 Like

Where is your bank based?