Traveling to Iceland - ISK support

Hi,
I’m going to Iceland for holidays this year and this was one of the main reasons for Revolut card
but there is no ISK (their money) currency available to convert to…
at the same time I can see people can do this (in other posts)
Do I need to change / request something ?
little bit confused…
Peter

Hi Peter.

I’ve personally been in Iceland last April. You can use your Revolut there. Be aware Iceland is a really expensive country.

You can’t yet exchange or receive ISK within the app, but you can load card in GBP & spend there with the interbank exchange rate :ok_hand:t2:

Thanks a lot :slight_smile: I’ve been there I know its expensive, that’s why Revolut came to equation :slight_smile:

Hello everyone !

I reactivate this topic.

We are going to Iceland in october and I can see that ISK is still not available directly on the app.

I was wondering : you said that he need to load his card in GBP first and pay in ISK there. I am french so I have EUR, do I have to load also my card in GBP or it is possible to convert directly from EUR to ISK ?

Just to be sure. Thank you !

Your base currency is determined depending on your country of residence: France → EUR.
The currency which is used for the conversion is not relevant.

More information how this works: Help Centre | Revolut

Your base currency (GBP)

The parentheses in the FAQ are misleading

In short - you dont need to do anything. Your Euro account will automatically do converting when paying in Iceland local currency.

Thanks this is very useful. Do you know if this is the same for the Junior Card - my son is going on a school trip

1 Like

That information is totally outdated. Please always look how old an post is.

ISK is fully supported for some time now within the app. I’ve been to Iceland a while ago and can confirm that everything I needed worked smoothly using Revolut.

For questions about the Junior Card you should contact support directly via chat.

1 Like

Not really if you have for example a bank account in Iceland and you want to add directly to your isk Revolut account you ll lose money since it isk will be converted mainly to the main currency of the account(EUR, GBP , czk) then to isk.
I wonder why they keep writing the term “YET” since it’s taking them long time to apply it.

1 Like

If you have an Icelandic bank account, you can add ISK by charging your card to that account.

2 Likes

Welcome to our :r: community @Ib9484. :wave: Hope this resolves your problem. :smiley:

Thanks for helping out @Slavekk. :sunflower:

SG | Community Team