Traveling in East & Southern Africa

Hi,

I will soon be traveling for work all over East and southern Africa - Zambia, Malawi, Kenya, Uganda and South Africa. Does anyone know how Revolut works in any of these countries, and especially if I should expect to be charged for ATM withdrawals in local currency?

Thanks!

Hi there.

Revolut currently supports spending, and ATM withdrawals in over 120 currencies. The current list of supported currencies include:
AED, ALL, AMD, AOA, ARS, AUD, AZN, BAM, BBD, BDT, BGN, BHD, BMD, BND, BOB, BRL, BSD, BWP, BYN, BYR, BZD, CAD, CHF, CLP, CNY, COP, CRC, CVE, CZK, DKK, DOP, DZD, EGP, ETB, EUR, FJD, GBP, GEL, GHS, GIP, GNF, GTQ, HKD, HNL, HRK, HTG, HUF, IDR, ILS, INR, IQD, ISK, JMD, JOD, JPY, KES, KGS, KHR, KRW, KWD, KYD, KZT, LAK, LBP, LKR, MAD, MDL, MGA, MKD, MMK, MNT, MOP, MUR, MVR, MWK, MXN, MYR, MZN, NAD, NGN, NIO, NOK, NPR, NZD, OMR, PAB, PEN, PGK, PHP, PKR, PLN, PYG, QAR, RON, RSD, RUB, RWF, SAR, SBD, SCR, SEK, SGD, SRD, THB, TMT, TND, TOP, TRY, TTD, TWD, TZS, UAH, UGX, USD, UYU, VEF, VND, VUV, WST, XAF, XCD, XOF, XPF, ZAR, ZMW.
More currencies will be added soon.

1 Like

Hi Andreas,

Thank you for the response, that’s excellent! :smiley: :smiley:

Yash

1 Like

Revolut works pretty well in Kenya. Some ATM do not charge (e.g. Equity bank). You will note however that KES exchange rate is always 1.5 to 2% worse than midmarket rates.

Hi,
Just to understand well on what I’ve read all over this community, for KES (Kenya), what do you mean by “supports spending”? cause I read there can be charges depending on the ATM.
Thanks in advance for your answer.
Floriane

You can use your Revolut card in Kenya. However, you cannot top up with KES. :slight_smile:

I’m still waiting for replies from both you and @DavidRevolut, I’m fine if you don’t but I’d rather you both say so instead of ignoring me.

Hi there! I cannot locate your DM. Can you please resend it?

It wasn’t a DM but I’ll shoot you one now with the content of the message, thanks.

Best,
Recchan

I’ve sent it as of 2 hours ago @anon33247966 just in case you’ve not seen the message.

Many thanks!
So I will sign up for Revolut.
Regards,
Flo

Hallo there… I’m from Kenya and I’d like an account…Is it possible to have one?