Travel Insurance đź—ş

Hello… since I’ll be traveling for work inside my own country, renting car buying materials etc…is the travel insurance gonna cover for it or it works only in a foreign country?

1 Like

Hi. Would the Insurance under the Premium plan include flight ticket refunds in case the PCR test will not be negative before flying?

Currently the country I am considering flying to is not even requiring tests, but maybe the airline will want a test and since it is with a small layover I thought I might inform myself.

2 Likes

I wish the CAR HIRE EXCESS would cover any damage to your rental as long as you are held liable by the rental.company, the working today says: “windscreen, any glass, roof or tyres only”

We’re changing our insurance partners
Got s surprisingly positive update from Revolut today when it comes to the travel Insurance

Improvements to your Travel benefits

• We’ll cover you for trip delays, interruptions and cancellations, as well as lost, stolen, damaged or delayed baggage, and lost, stolen or destroyed travel documents on domestic trips, as long as you are at least 100km from your home or on an overnight stay in a different city

• Your travel delay benefit will be increased to EUR500, as long as you provide receipts

• If your trip gets interrupted, we will cover up to EUR5,000 of additional expenses to either get you home or to continue the journey, and refund any non-refundable costs

• You’ll be covered for trip cancellation, interruption and medical expenses caused by pandemics like COVID-19

• You’ll be covered for a wider range of sports activities, such as bungee jumping, parachuting or SCUBA diving up to 30m depth

• You’ll get sports equipment rental cover if your sports equipment is damaged, lost or stolen on your trip - with no excess to pay

• We’re improving your Car Hire Excess cover to cover damage to the interior and exterior of your rental car on your trip

1 Like

Hi there,
I am a metal customer

Do i need to do anything to active insurance for a specific trip.
I am due to travel with my partner& 2 children.
Is the policy constantly active or do i need to do something?
Thanks

Pretty Sure it is automatic, just to make sure click on your profile picture, then click on “your plan” , you should see there one tile with the name “Relax with Travel Insurance”

Good day.

I should travel from Italy to Jordan, in a couple of weeks.

I’d like to know whether, for any Covid-19 related problems, the travel insurance attached to the REVOLUT Premium account covers those medical problems.

I’d recommend you to read your country specific T&C, you can find them under your “Profile picture” then click on your plan, and you’ll have yours perks there including the Travel Insurance, in there you have a quick sheet and the long T&C

Just to clarify my earlier comment… Revolut have dropped cover for your partner or spouse on the Premium Card Travel Insurance. Its still covered on Metal. But it’s been done without any communication to Premium Card holders. I travelled to Ireland last week in the belief that both myself and my wife were covered. Fortunately nothing happened but what if…??? How can Revolut just drop a level of cover from an individual and not inform them and continue to charge the same premium for the card?? Its outrageous.

I believe Premium does cover Covid related problems. But did you know that from 1/4/22 the Premium and Metal cover is now underwritten by Allianz not White Horse as before? They have dropped cover for your partner or spouse and not informed anyone!!!

You should have received the email informing you of the new terms months ago. With possibility to cancel your subscription if not satisfied.

1 Like

I was informed by Revolut via email on January 28 about all changes regarding travel insurance and that they come into effect on April 1st.

1 Like

I have checked through old email and can find no such email.

The subject was on the lines of:
Some changes to your insurance are coming up
I received mine on January 28th 22

Thanks everyone for pointing me towards an apparent email announcement. I’m glad you all received this notification. However, for all your information, I have checked back through my emails on and around the 28 Jan. I have no such email. I cannot check my junk email as it’s been deleted but I still have my daily spam message which lists all messages sent to spam. There is again no such message listed. So while you all clearly feel that Revolut have not acted underhandedly, I still do as I was not notified. Also, it doesn’t take account of the fact that the Premium Card still cost the same but it’s benefits have been substantially downgraded.
And personally, I have made trips abroad this month in the belief that myself and my wife were covered but were not. I should have been specifically informed that my partners cover was ending. It’s despicable.

Same I received the mail the 28th with conditions. If my memory is fine I even received a notification in app (not sure).

Sorry to here your story. If you want to cancel your subscription because you are not satisfied anymore you can do it now. They just did a change in terms by switching users from revolut payment to revolut bank (if it same in all Europe).

Hi Ramm4u, I followed what you said about the benefit and all it does for Travel Insurance for example is say that you are covered. There is no details of the terms and conditions. I’m trying to find out if I’m covered for a pre-existing condition…
Also do I just have the insurance with the metal plan? What if book a holiday with another card? Is insurance still included?
One of the benefit for example is access to lounges if your flight is over an hour late. But like many of the benefits listed, there’s no explanation in the app on how to actually take advantage of them?
Appreciate your thoughts?

Just head over to the Hub in the app. Tap on Personal Insurance. Then on any of the available Insurances, and then on All Documents.

You can download the policies there.

2 Likes

@Frank is right, you will see the “Product Summary” as well, but what you are looking for is the “All Documents” button to find the LONG T&C :slight_smile: enjoy

2 Likes

Thanks @Frank and @ramm4u. Alas I don’t see a “Hub” tab in the app?
Android Samsung. Personal Metal account.

OMG I just found it! I’ve never noticed those buttons the last 8 months!!! I look at the app every day!

I’m not the sharpest tool in the shed but willing to bet if I’ve missed it all these months others are too. They appear like a little heads-up display popping up at the bottom by my navigation buttons . I’ve never noticed them as I’m reading from the top of the page. The buttons are pretty much covered by my thumb when scrolling and literally disappear when you I get to the bottom!

I love all Revolut but never seen the HUB!

1 Like