Transfers from third parties (£ to £)

Hi,

I let a company transfer money through my revolut BACS. (I had no idea about Revolut not accepting third parties)
Now the money is lost in between somewhere.

Does anyone know how long it takes for Revolut to return the money to the sender’s account.

And is there a way of getting proof from revolut that they sent it back?

Thank you for your help!

Hi! I think that it can take up to 10 days for the money to get back :slight_smile: I recommend reaching support on Twitter (@RevolutApp) or on Facebook: https://facebook.com/revolutapp

Are you sure it’s lost, how long has it been?

I have third party companies transfer to my Revolut via the BACS sort code / account number (not the IBAN).

If it’s faster payments, it normally takes 4 hours to hit my account

It’s a UK company but i’m a belgian citizen.
I have 2 payments that didn’t transfer. (One has been about 20 days and the other has been 4 days)
The company said they made the payment.
I used the BACS payment.

When asking revolut (in the app) about it they said they don’t accept third party transfer.

Then i asked if they got the money and if they sent it back or not.
But they wont answer. All they want if for me to prove that the payment has been made. But i don’t know if the third company will provde me with that info (customer service there is really bad).

Surely revolut should be able to check if something came in my personal revolut account (Account number and sort code) and tell me what they did with it.

The third party is really unhelpfull, at least Revolut is trying to help. TOo bad they don’t seemto be able to check my account. :frowning:

can someone confirm what @dd17 said?

If i ask a company to transfer money to my £ account through BACS will it work or not? (I’m not a uk citizen)

The third party company said I’ll have to wait for 6 weeks to find out if the money returned or not.

I still can’t believe why Revolut can 't tell me if the BACS third party payments work or not and where te money is.

Either Revolut got it and they have to manually allocate it to my account or they returned the money through sender, which they should be able to let me know as well.

The only i’m asking for is a little bit of information on the transactions…

It should be relatively easy to find out for you. There are two kinds of accounts Revolut offers right now. If there is a reference code involved, third party transfers are not possible. Which account informations did you give the company?

From your first post, I assume you used the “personal” account details without a reference code.

I would try to get some sort of proof for the transaction made by the third party. Revolut probably needs further details like account numbers to find a transaction.

From the FAQs:

How long will my top up via bank transfer take to reach my Revolut account?

This varies from bank-to-bank and by country.

From a UK account this usually takes 4hrs, and can take up to 1 working day. BACS payments take 3 working days.

International transfers (from Poland, Switzerland and elsewhere) usually take 1-3 working days.

Transfers from Greece typically take up to 4 working days.

If you are topping up your account with EUR/USD, please ensure you use your 8-digit customer reference number as the reference/description for your transfer, or we will have to manually allocate your top up. This will delay the top-up reaching you account.

I don’t get why Revolut is limiting the UK sort code and personal bank account number to UK citizens. It’s very confusing and liable to result in the kind of mess attested to in this thread. I wonder if this is something to do with Brexit? And will they then limit personal IBANs to Eurozone only? It would be a real shame if Revolut retrenched back to national borders when it promised to be pan-European, indeed pan-Global when it first launched.

The feature will be available soon for all users :slight_smile:

They don’t seem to limit it to UK residents. I am not a UK resident.

Hmm, interesting. When advertising the UK Personal Bank Account service, Revolut clearly stated that it was for UK residents, and others have mentioned that they don’t get the unique bank account and sort code unless they have a UK home address on their Revolut account.

I’m not a UK resident either (I do hold a GB passport though) and I have a personal GBP account.
I became a Revolut user in June 2016 and activated the personal GBP account as soon as the option became available.
My son registered a couple of weeks ago (and has already received his physical Revolut card) but is not permitted to have a personal GBP account because, according to Support, he’s not a UK resident (when did the policy change?).
So, the personal GBP account is no longer available to new Revolut users?
Will the personal GBP account remain active for non-UK residents who have already activated and successfully used their account? Or will it be deactivated sometime in the not too distant future?

Also, if somebody in the UK transfers money from their UK bank account to my Revolut account by specifying the IBAN and account reference number (rather than transferring directly to my personal GBP account), will there be a fee for either myself or the person transferring the money?