Transfering from abroad TO revolut

Hi,

I have an Israeli bank account with New Israeli Shekels (NIS) and I want to transfer money to
my British bank account using Revolut. I have a premium account but I couldn’t find
information anywhere online about the fees/rates and process of doing this transfer.
the only information I found is about sending money from Revolut.

thanks,

Itay

1 Like

Hey Itay.

Thank you for contacting us.

Revolut does not charge a fee to top up your account via bank transfer. However, it is important to watch out for third-party fees:

Topping up from a UK bank in GBP is free. If your transfer is in EUR or CHF and your bank is using SEPA (Single Euro Payments Area) then a transfer to Revolut will cost the same as a domestic transfer. SEPA includes the 28 E.U. member states as well as Switzerland, Norway, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Monaco and San Marino. *If your transfer is in PLN, USD or any other currency then it will likely be sent via SWIFT. This means that your bank (and/or an intermediary bank) could charge you an international transfer fee.

With SWIFT transfers there are a few things to bear in mind:

Your bank is likely to charge a fee to make a SWIFT transfer to Revolut.
When your money is in transit, it may be processed by an intermediary bank. They may also deduct a handling fee.
The amount you receive in your Revolut account therefore may be less money than you sent.
Depending on which fee option (SHA, BEN, OUR, REM) you choose while doing a SWIFT transfer to Revolut, intermediary, originating bank and beneficiary bank (namely Lloyds) can apply a handling fee for that transfer.
As banks charge different amounts and are not always transparent, we cannot provide an accurate amount you would be charged.
If your top up is in a currency other than EUR, USD, GBP, PLN, CHF, SEK, NOK, DKK, RON, AUD, NZD, SGD, HKD, ILS, TRY, AED, CAD, HUF, INR, JPY, MAD, MXN, QAR, THB or ZAR your bank will convert the money using their exchange rate. This is unlikely to be the interbank rate, and you may also incur a currency-conversion fee.

2 Likes

Thanks Andreas. I’ll give it a try and see how it goes.

Itay

1 Like

Hi Andreas,

I’ve been trying to use the ILS swift transfer but my Israeli bank account don’t allow me to transfer to the Swift account since it is not under my name (it has the revolut LTD details).

is topping up an option? can I top up in ILS instead of GBP/EUR ?

I’ve got recommendations to use Revolut to transfer money but I still have no idea how to do so.

Itay

1 Like

The rule is that you should top up in the currency that your bank account is held in. For example, if you have a UK bank account make sure you top up in GBP. If you don’t your bank will convert the money for you and charge a huge fee!

We currently support top-ups in 26 currencies - EUR, USD, GBP, PLN, CHF, SEK, NOK, DKK, RON, AUD, NZD, CZK, SGD, HKD, ILS, TRY, AED, CAD, HUF, INR, JPY, MAD, MXN, QAR, THB and ZAR. Once you have loaded your account, you can exchange between the currencies in the app; send free money transfers in 26 currencies to banks around the globe; or spend in 120 currencies with a Revolut card.

We’ll take care of the conversion for you when you use your Revolut card abroad. For example in you’re in Thailand, we’ll convert your GBP balance to THB automatically when you spend with your card.

Please note, if you are topping up via a bank transfer outside of the EU your bank may charge you a large international wire transfer fee as such transfer would go via SWIFT.

Hi Andreas, I have an issue. I need ti send a big sum over to Spain from my Uk bank account. So it is my understanding that i need to top
Up my revolut account in GBP from my bank in Uk. Once i have the money on revolut can i transfer the sum over to Spain without being charged hundreds of Euros by the Spanish bank. I’m not sure but I think, in order to do not be sting by the Spanish Bank, i need to make the traNsfer from a bank account that is not Uk based. Is this possible with Revolut? If yes how?i hope i made myself clear… Thank u

Hello, my name is David.
I have an account which IBAN and the revolut Bank is located in Lituania.
I have bank transfered from my israeli account 350 Euros (already converted in Euro) but I have received only 330 Euros ?? is it normal ?
Thank you

:wave:

Hello Itay,
did you succeed to transfer the money?
I tried twice to transfer money in ILS from my Hapoalim account to Revolut. Supposedly, it can be done since Revolut accepts ILS (or NIS, as you whish to call it).
I made the order, it seems to work but my money never went from my siraeli account to to Revolut, do you have experience in tranferring money from Israel? is enough with the REVOLT21 swift code and then the LTXXX? or

I have bo idea how to do it

Thanks,
Mario

Hi Mario,
It’s been a while since I’ve posted this. i found that the best and quickest way for me to transfer money is to do it using PayPal.
I have an Israeli PayPal account connected to my Israeli bank account, and a British one connected to my british bank account. And I just send myself the money that way.
I only use Revolut as cash when I visit israel (or other countries).

Itay

1 Like

Hello, I have the same problem, I have to transfer shekels from Leumi to my Revolut account in shekel. Does it work ? Revolut told me no problem, I guess Leumi will make problems…

It’s a shame there is no simple solution to deposit Nis from israe in a simple way…
But to be honest, lately you cancled the option for CZK, so I guess your going a little backwards…