Transfer to foreign pound account

I would like to know what fees I might expect (or what range if not exact value) if I want to transfer the money to a bank account located in Poland but the bank account is in pounds so there is no currency exchange.

That is hard to say. Considering what Revolut writes in the FAQs, all transfers not being in EUR will be sent as SWIFT transfers. Depending on which banks are involved, you might end up with different fees from intermediate banks. Maybe some other users with accounts in Poland can share their experience if you could say to which bank you are about to send the money?

BZ WBK in Poland (account in Pounds)

GBP can be sent under the SEPA rules. Then it would be fee free. Depends on whether Revolut will use this method or not.

Yes, they say in the FAQs that they don’t use “SEPA” for outgoing GBP transfers:

If your bank is located outside of the E.U. or is not in Euros, then your transfer will be sent via SWIFT (Society for Worldwide InterBank Financial Telecommunications) and you may incur international wire transfer fees.

I have read that, but not really sure what might be the fee in that case, I mean I have not even a clue about the range, that is why I am asking here:) I thought, that maybe someone has done this or just knows.

Okay, I suggest to check the FAQs then. Revolut has a couple of currencies and the approximate costs for SWIFT transfers listed there. That might give you an idea about the range. (Unfortunately I don’t know exactly where it is in the FAQs but I definitely remember it being there :slightly_smiling_face:)

Hi @pecekl,

I believe, it will be sent as SWIFT since Poland is not dominated in Euros, and it should be around 16-32 EUR fee by the intermediary & beneficiary bank.