Transfer to a taiwanese bank account in euros

Hi,
Since I moved into a new country (Taiwan) I have to pay the rent for my new apartment (1 month rent + 2 months deposit), approximately 1700€. I realized that it would be much easier for me to use my Revolut card and make a transfer instead of withdrawing tons of cash. However, I didn’t see TWD (taiwanese dollars) as a supported currency for bank transfers.
Is it possible to transfer money to a taiwanese bank account with Revolut as of today? Since the destination account is in TWD and I’m sending euros, I guess there’ll be some conversion fee on the side of the taiwanese bank? And is there a limit to how much I can top up on my Revolut card and transfer that would prevent me from topping up 1700€ and then transferring them?
And do you have an idea of how long it can take for the transfer to be effective? Several days maybe?

Thanks!

I’ll reply to my own questions because I’ve got an answer from Revolut:
The transfer is possible, and can take 1-2 working days. I’ve started the transfer now (Wednesday) and it says it’s expected to be completed on Friday.

Hi Pandamatt,

I was kinda wondering which currency you finally received in Taiwan. Did you sent these EUR to your bank in Taiwan and arrived as EUR and then converted to TWD when needed (with charges from Taiwanese Banks) or they appeared TWD (without Taiwan bank fee) after you sent these EUR via Revolut?

Will appreciate your help and response.

Jason

Hi, sorry but I can’t reply to you now because when doing the transfer I made a mistake when entering the recipient’s name, so the destination bank rejected the transfer and I’m still waiting for my money to come back. Not Revolut’s fault though, I just mistyped the name of the beneficiary. If I have better information on your question I’ll tell you.
But I think the destination bank will charge a fee and convert with their rates, as far as I know.

Hi, to give you more information, after my transfer failed (due to my own error) the Taiwanese bank took a (crazy) fee of 35€ approximately for the transfer cancelling, and there was no fee on Revolut side. I don’t know if such a fee was only for transfer cancelling or if there are similar fees for any transfers. Anyway, I won’t try transferring anything again to Taiwan.
If you do try transferring some money, I’d be interested to know what fees you’ll pay on the receiving side.

hey Pandamatt did you find any better way to do the transfers to a Taiwanese bank? I’m asking this because I’m passing for the exactly same process you did. I’m moving to Taiwan and I don’t want to withdrawal a lot of money just to pay the 3 months rent. Thanks.

Hi,
no, I didn’t. But I got a deal from my bank to have no withdrawal fees so I haven’t been using my revolut card recently.
Good luck!

I’ll try to have a taiwanese bank account to avoid all these lol