transfer from us bank account to revolut

Hi,

I need to transfer money from my us account to revolut.

I need help to fill in the wire details.

My us bank asks SWIFT Code and ABA number.

where can I get that ?

thank you

1 Like

Hello, in More -> Profile -> Account details

I have the same problem. I have a US bank account and I want to top up my Revolut USD account with it. However, the account details only show a GB IBAN, which of course doesn’t work with a US bank. Shouldn’t there be a Checking and Routing No. for domestic payments within the US?

Also, I added my US credit card which is linked to the bank account mentioned above. If I want to use that to transfer money, it charges a fee, according to the “Help” for international cards. But ut is a US card and I try to make a domestic payment to my Revolut USD account.

Maybe @nomadus can answer your questions. He has an American Revolut account.

1 Like

Not sure how old is you Revolut account. Revolut takes some time to assign local bank account number to US customers. If you don’t see the ACH routing number and account number under Account details, you need to wait for the local account number allocated to you. Alternatively, you can try to top up Revolut account using a debit card or through Apple Pay.

Problem is, I’m not a US customer. I’m in Switzerland. But I also have a US bank account to keep maintenance fees for a timeshare. And sometimes I get money sent to that account as well. That’s why I now would like to move some USD away from the bank account to Revolut. But as I said, they only show me a UK IBAN in the USD account.

Then you need to wire transfer to your Europe account. Alternatively, you can try to transfer through Wise international account.

At the moment, you cannot do it. Since “Regulation E” came into effect in the U.S. in June, USD transfers to Lithuanian swift codes ending in a number (REVOLT21) cannot be processed. Revolut are aware of this issue but have not provided any updates on progress.

1 Like

They (Kraken)ask me for your phisical address in order to withdraw euros to my Revolut account.

I have just opened a UK revolut account . Why is the IBAN for my USD and GBP account the same? I want to receive USD. Why do I not have a separate USD IBAN?

Because it’s not necessary! It’s not how Revolut works. Most currencies share the same personal IBAN.

Ok so i just have my Swiss bank wire USD to that IBAN - which is the same GBP IBAN? Revolut will automatically collect the USD and put them in my USD account? Have i got that right?

do you have any news on this issue. i have to transfer moneu from US bank account

I live in Ireland.
I can do an once off bank transfer to my revolut with no problems. Now I’m trying to setup a regular bank transfer but this will not work. It keeps saying IBAN is wrong but it’s not because I can do an once transfer. Anyone else have problem like this?

Has anyone figured this out yet? My US Bank won’t send USD to Revolut UK because the IBAN provided isn’t acceptable to them. For USD they want a BIC number or something similar. I tried opening a Revolut account in the USA but it immediately links me to my UK Revolut account. If we could have accounts in both countries, the issue would be solved.

1 Like

Hi @Clds :wave:

Welcome to our :r: Community!

Even with a UK account, you have internation details for SWIFT transfers in your app, you should see there your IBAN and your BIC, and those are accepted internationally, even for transferring from US to your Revolut account :smiling_face:

Hope this helps!

Thank you! I tried using the USD BIC about 1 year ago. It worked once and then Citibank started refusing it as a USD BIC.

1 Like

If you face any issues, please do not hesitate to reach out to us :speech_balloon:

HI Mariana,

This is the first time using the forum on here.

I am trying to locate an international payment that was sent to my account yet I have not received it.

I didn’t know my international BIC had changed from MODRGB23XXX to REVOGB21 until after a bank had sent payment.

I am desperate for some assistance.

Please can you help?

1 Like

Hi @lukos88 :wave:

Have you tried reaching out to our support team so they can double-check this for you? :thinking: