Transfer from third party

Hello am new to Revolut and I would like to clarify whether it’s possible to receive money on my revolut from another persons account via international bank transfer because from what I have read I can only receive money from my own bank account please kindly help me with this

Hey @Kimgeffr :slight_smile:

Please check this FAQ:

Yes, you can receive third party transfers from friends and family directly into your Revolut account in any of these supported currencies:

GBP, EUR, USD, CAD, AUD, CHF, DKK, HKD, HUF, ILS, INR, NOK, NZD, PLN, SEK, SGD, TRY, ZAR.

Your friends can also open their own Revolut account and then top it up via debit or credit card. They can then transfer funds to you for free and instantly via the ‘Send’ function.

Thanks for your kind reply I read this however what I don’t get is before my friends send money do they have to own a revolut account or they can send money from their local bank or via SWIFT directly to my revolut by using my reference code?

Hey @Kimgeffr :slight_smile:

Both options will do and should be fine :wink:

Keep in mind that SWIFT transfers might result in unpredictable fees being applied by their banks / intermediary banks :money_with_wings:

Okay thanks so much for the clarification