topup via TransferWise

@David928374 Will do. Hopefully this thread will speed the process up!

Account unblocked by Revolut, very helpful team. Let’s see if a change of address from TW’s side does the trick

1 Like

@revolutuzer / @David928374

See here:

You’re not the only one having this issue

I discussed with both TW support and Revolut staffer @anon33247966 - basically, when you try to top up your Revolut card with your TW card, it checks the address you entered against the country the TW card is issued in (UK). In my case, I gave it a UK address so it should have matched fine, but it didn’t. When Revolut thinks there is a mismatch, it cancels the top up. Transwerwise support confirmed they weren’t declining the payment, rather Revolut was instantly reversing it after the mismatch.

According to @anon33247966, the address mismatch issue is a problem with the processing company that Revolut use for their top ups. Last I heard from @anon33247966 was that a bug report has been filed with this processor and it’s pending.

5 Likes

Thanks a lot, @andrewjdavison that’s very useful. Have you attempted to top up using TW since you initially wrote on here or does the problem persist?

The problem is not yet resolved. But I have a private message thread open with @anon33247966 about the issue so he can update me when it is.

1 Like

Still having problems even though Revolut and TW addresses match exactly :cry:

By the way linking a Monzo card works perfectly, even if the same addresses don’t match exactly word for word, so it may be a problem from TW’s side or that Revolut is purposely blocking TW since it’s a competitor

EDIT: changing Revolut address to TW’s via the app and putting down billing address as TW’s doesn’t work either so this is clearly a problem from Revolut’s address verification system

1 Like

Yeh, even with exactly matching addresses, it’s not going to work until the bug I mention gets resolved. Send a PM to @anon33247966 at Revolut and I’m sure he’ll be happy to keep you updated like he is with me.

1 Like

OK the problem arises when your Revolut is registered in an AVS country (UK, USA, Canada, Australia). If you are from any other country you may top up using TW MC no issues whatsoever with addresses

7 Likes

I experienced this issue with a TransferWise card registered in the UK. I just changed the address to Spain (where I’m currently living) and the issue was resolved, confirming revolutuzer’s most recent message.

1 Like

I have successfully added my TW card to Revo.

To register the card, Revo will initiate a payment of 1 GBP/USD/EUR to confirm the card exists, the payment will then be cancelled by Revo after the process.

This is why you need to have some money in TW account.

If you have USD/CAD/CHF account setup with TW, you can top-up your equivalent Revo account without charges and exchange.

The Revo App will ask, if you want to execute the top-up in GBP (issuer currency) or not (=USD/CAD/CHF).

Voila!

Atm I am trying to confirm my TW card in the Revo App. Hope it works!

1 Like

Big help for my sister living in California if really works!!

Hi!
How did you change the address of TransferWise card?
The TW support told me that it is not possible to change the address related to a TW card and The TransferWise Mastercard is always issued in the UK.

I would like to refresh the topic. I have exactly the same problem. I will contact TW support as soon as live chat will be available. How did you change the address of TransferWise card?

How did you manage to receive the payment with just the IBAN and BIC? Some bank are requestin to my customer to give them the bank account Wich revolut don’t provided.

in USA I collect payments on an account from transferwise, which provides ACH/ABA routing number, and perdiocally I used to do SWIFT transfers of USD to revolut using the IBAN.

revolut’s flat rate used to be significantly cheaper than paying transferwise to do the currency exchange, not anymore.

2 Likes

I’m trying to top up my Revolut USD account with TW USD account too!

Was only going for USD 2000 and somehow that number exceeded my daily limit.

How do you transfer USD via SWIFT to Revolut’s polled USD IBAN? WHen I’m at the TW page it asks for a routing number and an accoutnnumber which Revolut don’t provide just yet :frowning:

Thanks for the help!

@anon33247966 Hello! I cannot top up my Rev account (initially created in Romania) from Transfer Wise recently created in the US. I am not receiving too many info from the TW app nor Rev, so can anyone please help me