Актуализиране на данъчната информация - България

Привет.
От известно време потребителите от България започнаха да получават съобщения за необходимост от актуализиране на данъчната информация. Аз също получих такова съобщение. Трябва да въведа държава, в която плащам данъци и своето ЕГН.
Кому е необходима тази информация и кой и за какво ще я ползва ?
До сега бях доволен от Revolut, че работеше без такива задължения. Сега съм притеснен. Какво ще се случи, ако не въведа исканата информация ?

Hello.
For some time now, consumers in Bulgaria have been receiving notifications about the need to update tax information. I also received such a message. I need to enter a country where I pay taxes and my PIN.
Who needs this information and who will use it and for what?
Until now, I was pleased with Revolut that it worked without such obligations. I’m worried now. What happens if I do not enter the requested information?

It’s in response to money laundering regulations across Europe and it’s really no big deal.
We have the same with our LIT accounts as were are tax resident in France. All that is required is your Country of tax residence and your tax reference number (TRN) after which you will no longer receive the reminders.

It could flag you up with the tax officials in your Country of Residence as non-compliant forcing a contrôle of your tax affairs and a more in depth investigation - never a good idea!
:r: are obliged by law to share your details with your Country(ies) of Tax Residence and may be required to impose withholding tax on any interest payments you may be due. If you fail to comply, :r: may be entitled to close the account and hold monies until able to release them (after compliance).
It’s a serious matter and requires your attention.

Thanks for the detailed answer.
The personal number is part of the personal data and I am worried about who will use it and how.

1 Like

Posting this here because I seem not to have the rightr to create new posts yet and my issue is slightly related to this one. Maybe someone around here can help me with this:

I am a Spanish citizen who is a tax resident in the Czech Republic (i.e. I pay my taxes there).

When I declare my Czech tax residence, the Revolut mobile app requests an ID (a TIN) which, by the pattern it expects, I believe is the Rodné číslo. I do not have this number and as far as I understand, it is not mandatory for EU citizens which are residents in the country.

In any case, I did register for my Živnostenský list (I am registered as a sole trader here) and have an IČO (Identifikační číslo osoby) and a DIČ (Daňové identifikační číslo), which is, in fact, the EU VAT ID number to emit my invoices.

Do you know if I can use any of these to identify me for tax purposes? Or I need to get myself a Rodné číslo?

Thank you very much!

The TIN is your tax identification number which will be displayed on all your tax documents if you are registered to pay tax in the Czech Republic. It’s the way of identifying you and confirming your status as a Czech tax payer. It has nothing to do with your VAT registration.
Link to Czech TIN detail pdf

Interesting, I did my taxes but may have missed this. Will check it out in the papers I handed to the Czech Tax agency. Thanks!

1 Like

Oh, it seems that my accountant managed to do may taxes with my DIČ (Daňové identifikační číslo) only, and not with Rodné číslo (what both that document linked above and the Revolut app seem to understand as TIN). My accepted tax return documents have 2 boxes, one for the DIČ and one for the Rodné číslo. The first is filled, the second is empty and crossed out. :thinking: