Top up with Euros and pay in Kazakhstan

Hi there, I don’t have a Revolut Card yet but I’d like to understand something.

1. Can I top up the card using Euros? Is that any different that topping up using GBP?

2. Can I use the card in Kazakhstan (local currency = KZT) ? Will there be any fee?

Thank you in advance!

Hi Fabio, check the FAQs, it is all there :slight_smile:

Yes you can top up the card in EUR, there are different transfer details used for this. Go to the Top Up section of the app, then bank transfer and EUR to take a look.

KZT is also a supported currency.

But as @Frank said, it would be good to look through the FAQs :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you both for your answers, yes you are right, I was just a bit overwhelmed with information and confused between different card providers, and I thought I’d better ask directly :wink:

Thanks!

Fabio

1 Like

“KZT is also a supported currency.”

This seems to be the case but it is not very clearly shown in the help section. I found the details here:

https://www.revolut.com/help/getting-started/exchanging-currencies/what-foreign-exchange-rate-will-i-get/

“If you exchange currencies on weekdays (Mon-Fri UTC) you will receive the interbank exchange rate without any markup on all currencies”

Although Kazachstan’s KZT is not shown anywhere else in the help section, nor on the app to exchange your money into, it says in the quote above: “all currencies”

I am visiting the country soon with my girlfriend who is from there! Hope to get a lot better deal with Revolut than what you get from the exchange offices!

Regards,
Steven

P.S. Remember also choose “No conversion”!..