Top up in other currencies (CHF, PLN, CZK, CAD, ...)

Hi,

It would be great to be able to top up with other currencies, even without the need of having a balance in those.

1. Top up by credit card: would it be very complicated to charge a foreign credit card in its own currency, to avoid fees (except your 1.3% of course)?

2. Bank transfer: since you are able to send money to bank accounts in almost any currency through your many “gateway accounts” around the world, wouldn’t it be possible to use those to accept top ups in other currencies, too?

Just to be clear: this doesn’t mean that I don’t want a balance in other currencies. Just trying to think of easier (read: available sooner) ways to save on the top up fees, for people outside of the €, GPB, $ zone like me!

Thanks

Hello @Nonown,

Thank you for your suggestion. We will take it into consideration.

Hi,

I just moved from France to Canada, it would be awesome to be able to top up in CAD$ as well.

Keep up the good work, Revolut is really unbelievable!

Fab

Watch this space… :wink:

Hi Edward,

Revolut’s been promising to add more top-up currencies ever since it has come to operation.

Could you at least tell us which currencies should come first and give an indication of when could we expect this to happen?

Thanks.

CHF, PLN, imminent :slight_smile:

Thanks Edward!! :smiley: :smiley:

@edward that’s awesome. Will CHF or PLN become a currency which we can spend in ? Like $ € ?

Yes @C0ldwater, that’s right :slight_smile:

Cool. Thanks for clarifying that.

Best,

They will work exactly like EUR, GBP and USD. You will see them on your main wallet (we have built a great new component to see more currencies). You will be able to use the app exchange screen to exchange immediately if you want to lock in the rate. And also send / request directly from other Revolut users

Alright! Thank you. I do look forward using that soon. Go :r: !

Best,

So, it has been imminent for 2 weeks now…?

One release to go (4.1.1), then it’s these currencies (4.2).

Thank you @edward for keeping us updated.

Update: the release for this will be 4.3. Here’s a sneak preview to whet your appetites:

Poll: Which top-up currency should we add next? 📊
Revolut Beta Program

Thank you !! :wink: Do you have any date for this release ? :blush:

It will be in May. Actual date is subject to change :wink:

Yay! :smile: :heart_eyes:

RIP the spinning currency wheel.