Top up from revolut card

I have three physical revolut cards and one virtual one. I would like to top up the second physics with a euro currency, withdrawing the money from the first physical card in which there are pounds. The virtual card I would like to top it up from both sterling and euro currency cards How should I do this?

1 Like

Each card has access to whole revolut account (each wallet). There is no possibility to manage which card has access to which currency.

1 Like

Hi there. Your cards are all linked to 1 account. You can top-up in EUR then exchange to GBP in the app, or the card will automatically convert to the local currency.

1 Like

I want to top up from one card to another when the exchange rate is cheaper. and how do I recharge from one card to another?

The cards do not contain any thing. They are linked to your revolut account. So every card can access every currency on your account.

Read more here

https://www.revolut.com/dk/help/exploring-revolut/spending-and-sending-money/using-my-card/how-will-my-currency-balances-be-deducted-for-spending

1 Like

I want to understand which part of the app I can reload from a revolut card on another physical or virtual revolut card linked to the same account.

You cannot do it because they are connected to the same source of funds.
It can be a little bit tricky but even though one of your cards is recognised as GBP, and the other as EUR, they are still connected to the same source of funds.

I am not quite sure what he actually wants to achieve, but if it is what I seem to have understood - topping up a Revolut account with a card linked to that - account, then I’d assume it should be possible. Even though I wouldnt understand why one would want to do so.

Hmmm, I’ve understood it in another way:
How to transfer money from one revolut card to another revolut card- if both are linked to the same account…
But my English… Ekhm… Is quite poor…

Apologies, you seem to be perfectly right. I failed to notice there was actually more in the thread than the OP’s last message. Please disregard my previous comment, sorry :slight_smile:

I would like to understand how the revolut card works I have to revolut accounts one in Euros and one in GBP. I asked by a DM to revolutapp twitter if i needed 2 cards to shop or withdraw money from either account. They said that I just need one card. Then I ask how the card knows which account I want the money to be take off for that transaction, the answer was:

The card selects which currency to use in the following order:

The local currency of the merchant/ATM (e.g. if you are in Spain, we will deduct funds from your Euro balance)
Your base currency, which is determined by your home address
The currency with the highest balance

which is weird and quite random which one will be charged.

Can we link the card to a specific account? and then unlink it and re-link it to another account to specify which account we want the money taken off?

I just other my card, so no experience with it yet. But I want to understand how it works before using it

Hi,
Your account is deducted in specific order, not randomly (as you’ve described).

https://www.revolut.com/pl/help/exploring-revolut/spending-and-sending-money/using-my-card/how-will-my-currency-balances-be-deducted-for-spending?lang=en

That’s why card is not linked to any particular currency.

If you want to change this order (e.g. you are in Poland but you don’t want to spend PLN and you have money in this wallet) you can just disable it.

This solution doesn’t work with your main currency. If you don’t want to spend money from your main wallet you can move money into the Vault.

thanks for answering
So the order us as follows:

The local currency of the merchant/ATM (e.g. if you are in Spain, we will deduct funds from your Euro balance)
Your base currency, which is determined by your home address
The currency with the highest balance

So if i am in the Euro zone my purchases and withdraw will be deducted from my EURO account. And in Uk from my GBP account.

But if I am out of Europe e.g Asia, and I have £50 in the GBP account and 50€ in the Euro account it will deduct the money from my GBP since it is my based currency. Is that correct?

but if I have £50 in one and 60€ in the other it will take it from the Euro accont because os higher. Is that correct?

What is a wallet? an account? how do you disable it?

Thanks

If you don’t have enough money in wallet compatible with currency of country where you want to spend money (or this wallet doesn’t exist), and at the same time you have enough money in your base currency to pay for it, this account will be charged. Always.
If you don’t have enough money in your base wallet, system checks if you have enough money in the biggest wallet.

Yes wallet is the old name for an account. To disable an account go to…
More
Account details

Then swipe left and select ‘deactivate’ on the appropriate account.

Note also Rev will not take funds from more than one account to make up the total - if none of your accounts contain sufficient funds for the transaction IN TOTAL, the transaction will be declined.

Thanks @redi for your answer!!

So since I don’t have a wallet for Bahts(thai currency) my GBP account(base account) will be charged. If i want to get charged my EURO account then I have to leave empty my GBP account, is that correct?

If i tranfer the money from my GBP wallet to the vault, will it a way to empty it? Easy to put it back

Yes and yes :slight_smile:
Have a nice trip :slight_smile: