I don’t know if this helps…
- I use my normal bank debit card for personal use in the UK.
- I use my Revolut card for overseas travel
- If I use my debit card overseas I am hit with a fee and bad exchange rate.
- If I use my credit card overseas I am hit with a fee and bad exchange rate.
- If I topup my Revolut from my credit card and then use that to pay hotels, restaurants etc… there is no fee and I get the best exchange rate.
I should add that my credit card is paid in full monthly by my business so no interest is accrued.
Hope that helps explain things