top up from a Euro Bank account : fees from my bank?

Hi,

I have two banks account: a euro bank account and a uk bank account.
However I’m going to close my uk bank account and keep my euro bank account.

If I want to top up from an euro bank account, I think i will some extra frees from my euro bank because Revolut is using a uk bank account. Right?

So I can avoid fees and top up from my uk bank account to revolut’s bank account?
If so can I then swith to my euro bank account for further top up?

thanks

Revolut does not charge a fee to top up your account via bank transfer.

However, it is important to watch out for third-party fees. Topping up from a UK bank in GBP is free. If your transfer is denominated in Euros and your bank is located in a country participating in SEPA (Single Euro Payments Area) then a transfer to Revolut will cost the same as a domestic transfer. SEPA comprises the 28 E.U. member states as well as Switzerland, Norway, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Monaco and San Marino.

ok.

I don’ t get what you said about this:

if your transfer is denominated in Euros and your bank is located in a country participating in SEPA (Single Euro Payments Area) then a transfer to Revolut will cost the same as a domestic transfer.

Indeed, I have a french bank account and my transfert will be denominated in euro.
In the app, your bank has a UK IBAN.

so I won’t have any fees for the transfert because it is a SEPA transfert.
but then, my amount in euro will be converted into pounds because you have a UK bank account.
How can I know what is the rate exchange?
is it given by you or by my bank.

thank you

All combinations of transfers between my French bank (BNP), German bank (N26), and Revolut have all been free. For that matter, transfers between Revolut and USA banks (Capital One 360, Schwab) have been free too but you must top up using Apple Pay.

By IBAN you will know in which country the account is created. But not in what currency. In the UK, an account can be created in GBP, EUR, USD, or other currency. IBAN is always British. If you send the EURos to the “Revolut” account set up in EUR, automatic conversion to GBP will not be done. In the “Revolut” application you will see a cash receipt in EUR.

SEPA transfers cannot cost more than what a domestic one would. Often, they’re free but to be sure you have to check with your bank. Also, make sure not to send it as SWIFT accidentally.

There’s no fee on Revolut’s side and the money is credited to your account in EUR.

thanks
ii is all clear now

Make sure to use the right IBANs for your top-up. Revolut shows you three different IBANs for GBP, EUR, USD. Choose the EUR one in the currency of your French account to avoid exchange fees.