Top Up Fee

I’m trying to deposit £100 into my account but below the amount it says £1.84 fee. Why is this?

Hey @amans1ngh :slight_smile:

This is weird! You’re topping up with a card, right? :r: applies a 1% fee on GBP credit card top-ups and 0% on GBP debit card top-ups, but never 1,84% :thinking:

@AndreasK?

They recently changed that, debit AND credit cards issued in the EEA can be used without fees.
Cards from Switzerland have some silly % fees from what I’ve seen…

@amans1ngh Can you give more details about how you’re topping up? Bank transfer? Debit card? Credit card? Where are you cards/transfer from?

More here:

Hello @quentinb

They recently changed that, debit AND credit cards issued in the EEA can be used without fees.

I couldn’t find this information on the FAQ page where fees are detailed.

Top-Up via Stored Card 1% of value of Top-Up (Credit Card) Free (Debit Card)

Where do you have this information from ? It would be great if it were true :smile:

Thanks

My mistake, it looks like they changed their policy again about credit cards :frowning:
It was free for a couple of weeks in January (the FAQ got updated as well)… now it ranges from 1% to 4% (https://www.revolut.com/en/faq?lang=en#will-i-be-charged-to-top-up-by-card)

If I remember correctly, it just changed back to how it was before. I believe this is related to the suspension of the request money feature.

Just to give you guys an update i was being charged charge the rate as per above because of android pay. Once i registered my debit card to pay in there was no fee

The FAQ gives a contradictory information.
If you look in the section “Common FAQs” then you see 1% fee for credit cards.
However, if you look in the section “Card” then it says no fee for credit cards. :roll_eyes: